Long time lurker, first time poster...

MarioP3

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=312680
Just wanted to say "hi" to all. Been reading/learning about the VCDS system for several years, but never needed to ask my own questions until now...

Reactions: Uwe

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Just wanted to say "hi" to all. Been reading/learning about the VCDS system for several years, but never needed to ask my own questions until now...
Ask away, including a full unedited Auto-Scan so we know how your car is equipped and configured :thumbs:

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
shoot from the hip

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556

MarioP3

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=312680
Greetings. Great..... what's the question
Well... I actually figured it out on my own, from reading a bit more of the various posts and seeing what was similar to my issue.

Which was, the drivers window would not go up or down from the switch, but VCDS could see the switch position when pressed and VCDS could roll the window up or down on demand. Found that perhaps disconnecting the battery would reset the issue, and it did. This was after I remembered that I had left my dash cam on for a week or so while not driving the car and the battery got low (not dead, lights worked but not enough battery to crank) and then I put the battery tender on it to recharge, and forgot about it. Then when I went to drive the car a few weeks later, I found the window issue. Did searching here and across the internet and couldn't find the exact same issue. and thought I might have to ask for help. So, still probably going to lurk and try really hard to find answers that already exist... I will eventually connect again and post the Auto-scan results just so they're here should I need to ask.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I actually figured it out on my own, from reading a bit more of the various posts
An example why public forums are so valuable.

-Uwe-

• Agree
Reactions: JMR