Skoda octavia Big problem...

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
had a Skoda Octavia 2010 i think couple years back which would work perfect for days on end then all of a sudden will not rev up anymore while driving...no errors whatsoever..been looking at that car and testing and measuring for 2 weeks solid , couldn't find the problem, changed ecu, same shit...in the end the guy took it at a Skoda dealership where it sat for 1 months and 2 weeks until they figured out was the problem. They told the guy that there was a wire from the turbo pressure sensor that was touching the frame of the car but i don't believe it ( that was the BS told to him). Anyway, after a 2000 euros bill and installation of a brand new engine compartment wiring loom the problem was gone so there might ve been something in the wiring...

Stopro92

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=364459
I looked through the beam today, it looks fine, but today the sensors began to go crazy on the parameters. I attach a video of how it behaves during firing, shaft sensor and camshaft new

Edit: I think I found the reason. I'm testing the car so far, so far it fires up every time!

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

chillout1983

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=162783
Is your camshaft sensor genuine and is the wiring ok as its clearly dropping out

Stopro92

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=364459
Yes the camshaft sensor is original and good, the new one did not change anything, the beam is also fine, it seems to me that I found the cause but so far I am testing whether it is really it, I will let you know if nothing changes and I will say that it was definitely a problem.

Back