Just wanted to say hi

GTR1400

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=513696
Hi everyone I hope you’re fit and well. I thought I’d introduce myself. I have a 2011 Skoda Fabia ll 1.6 tdi. Since I bought the car second hand with just under 30k miles on it I’ve had to replace 3 injectors and 2 sensors. Now I’ve invested in VCDS I’m hoping to save myself time and money. Best wishes John aka SilverTabby on Briskoda

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
I hope you’re fit and well
I am well, thanks, i don't know the definition parameters of fit though. Will 1.82 m 96 kilos be ok to your defintion of fit ?? :cool:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have a 2011 Skoda Fabia ll 1.6 tdi. Since I bought the car second hand with just under 30k miles on it I’ve had to replace 3 injectors and 2 sensors.
The injectors on the 1.6 TDI engines are not exactly known as paradigms of reliability. The "under 30k miles" is also kinda suspicious. Why would someone buy a TDI and then drive it that little? If the car really was driven that little, whoever bought it new made an unwise choice of engine. A petrol engine would have made far more sense for that kind of use.

-Uwe-

Reactions: JMR

GTR1400

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=513696
I am well, thanks, i don't know the definition parameters of fit though. Will 1.82 m 96 kilos be ok to your defintion of fit ?? :cool:
Tell me about it 😂😂😂. Once upon a time I could eat what I liked and stay the same weight. I only have to look at chips and I put weight on 😂 best wishes 👍

GTR1400

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=513696
The injectors on the 1.6 TDI engines are not exactly known as paradigms of reliability. The "under 30k miles" is also kinda suspicious. Why would someone buy a TDI and then drive it that little? If the car really was driven that little, whoever bought it new made an unwise choice of engine. A petrol engine would have made far more sense for that kind of use.

-Uwe-
Many thanks for taking the time to reply. I thought the exact same thing. The car had a full Skoda service history that I had checked and it was correct. The previous owners were an older couple who averaged less than 6k miles per year. Why anyone would get the diesel rather than petrol is beyond me. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’ve been advised to change the oil and filter every year or 10k miles in an attempt to maintain reliability. Any further advice gratefully received. Many thanks

Reactions: JMR