Interface Found!
Type HEX-V2
Version:
CB: 0.4615.4
FW: 0.256
CAN: Testing, K1: NO POWER, K2 NO POWER
VBat: 0.01V, VIgn: 10.9V
VIN(s) Used:0/3

I have checked on the diagnostic port and I have zero power between pins 16 and 4. Also I have checked several fuses specifically 2, 4, 24, and 42. Even though they looked good I still tested them. Resistance checks with my Fluke all showed to be fine. Stock radio is installed and it works fine. The cars headlights do not work. The DRL's and blinkers do, but none of the actual head lights work. Door windows don't work, and sunroof does not work. I have also tested all of the circuits for power and power exists where it needs to be and continuity is also ok between wires. I am STUMPED on what to do next. I have no idea what to check next to see where I am losing power to the OBD port. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
VBat: 0.01V, VIgn: 10.9V
Vign at 10.9V suggests a very low battery voltage which can cause all manner of strange behaviors, first step should be to charge the battery and then investigate why VBat is showing as 0.01V.

Are those the correct fuses to supply the OBD port, maybe you need to check a wiring diagram (that's bold blue so it's a link).

Reactions: Uwe

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
Check pin 16 of the DLC with respect to ground. You should read battery voltage at all times. That permanent supply is fused, so check the fuse layout or wiring diagrams to find which one it is.

BrokeGTI

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=523260
Check pin 16 of the DLC with respect to ground. You should read battery voltage at all times. That permanent supply is fused, so check the fuse layout or wiring diagrams to find which one it is.
i have checked pin 16. It reads 0.0. I am currently in the process of checking fuses..... again. It would be more likely that one is either missing or in the wrong place. When we first got the car, i pulled every fuse and all checked out ok. I have the drawings now so that will help. Thanks for the help so far guys. I will be back.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
When we first got the car, i pulled every fuse and all checked out ok.
Are you 100% sure you replaced all the fuses in the same place they came from? I ask because it is very common that this turns out to be the problem.

Reactions: Uwe

BrokeGTI

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=523260
guys, got it to work. the fuse for the diagnostic port was poorly seated. Had to wiggle it a bit and all is well. It pulled so many codes I am not sure if I should just push this thing off of a cliff.