Register the new owner.

go4it

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=447656
Hi. I sold my VW and bought a different brand. Now I want to sell my Hex-Net as I don't need it anymore. What are the steps if I want to sell it and register a new owner? Thanks

go4it

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=447656
Ok. So this is mean that if the new buyer doesn't register their purchase he can still use the interface but can't change any of my personal information?

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
That's right. He cannot use help on the forum.

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
So this is mean that if the new buyer doesn't register their purchase he can still use the interface but can't change any of my personal information?

I believe that is correct the new user will not have access to your information. Only you can direct RT of your intensions.

The VCDS HN will function as usual and be able to be updated , but the "new user" will not be able to post on the forum in the (verified) listed categories ; they will however have access to the New User section (only). Once they register and get verified for the fee, they will have your status on the forum.

Bruce, as well as other administrators will comment officially as well, stay tuned!

go4it

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=447656
I believe that is correct the new user will not have access to your information. Only you can direct RT of your intensions.

The VCDS HN will function as usual and be able to be updated , but the "new user" will not be able to post on the forum in the (verified) listed categories ; they will however have access to the New User section (only). Once they register and get verified for the fee, they will have your status on the forum.

Bruce, as well as other administrators will comment officially as well, stay tuned!
Thanks for sharing this with me

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
That is correct. The new user will not be able to make changes. The new user if they do not register will not receive any benefit from being a Ross-Tech customer because they are not our customer, you are.

And as a matter of fact, I have already marked the records of your intention to sell the HEX-NET.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Ok. So this is mean that if the new buyer doesn't register their purchase he can still use the interface but can't change any of my personal information?
Yes, he can definitely use it, but he can't have his name in it unless he pays to become a registered user. However, either of you could register it in the name "Unsupported User" at any time. This leaves the option open to re-register it at any point later.

Either way, the new owner will have full use of the product including all software and firmware updates, as well as any VINs remaining on the license (if the interface has a VIN-limited license). The only thing he doesn't have without re-registering it is access to our Support (which includes Verified User status here on the forum).

-Uwe-

go4it

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=447656
That is correct. The new user will not be able to make changes. The new user if they do not register will not receive any benefit from being a Ross-Tech customer because they are not our customer, you are.

And as a matter of fact, I have already marked the records of your intention to sell the HEX-NET.
Thanks for details :). By the way, what does it mean ''I have already marked the records of your intention to sell the HEX-NET'', or what if I change my mind? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Let me know if you change your mind. There is a note in the internal records of your intentions. It is a means for our support group to know to ask who is calling or contacting. The notes can be removed.

go4it

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=447656
Yes, he can definitely use it, but he can't have his name in it unless he pays to become a registered user. However, either of you could register it in the name "Unsupported User" at any time. This leaves the option open to re-register it at any point later.

Either way, the new owner will have full use of the product including all software and firmware updates, as well as any VINs remaining on the license (if the interface has a VIN-limited license). The only thing he doesn't have without re-registering it is access to our Support (which includes Verified User status here on the forum).

-Uwe-
Thanks a lot :D

go4it

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=447656
Let me know if you change your mind. There is a note in the internal records of your intentions. It is a means for our support group to know to ask who is calling or contacting. The notes can be removed.
I don't want to sell it yet, I just opened this post because I was unsure about this information. Please remove the note as I will get back to you and let you know when I want to sell it. Thanks

go4it

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=447656
Hi. Why on my profile the serial number of my Hex-Net is ''C?ID=447656 (RS)'' instead of HN2-...? Thanks

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
The number shown is your registered user number in our internal system. It makes it easier for us to find you.

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
By the way, what does it mean ''I have already marked the records of your intention to sell the HEX-NET'', or what if I change my mind? :p
Because you don't know Bruce . Bruce s screen alias is Bruce QuickDraw :) fastest info slinger in the Philly area !:thumbs:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
FWIW, the OP in this thread did re-register his HEX-NET with the name "Unsupported User" roughly two weeks ago, so the assumption is that he did re-sell it.

-Uwe-

go4it

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=447656
The number shown is your registered user number in our internal system. It makes it easier for us to find you.
Thanks for sharing this with me. I was asking because I know that before it was showing the normal serial number of my interface. 👍🏼

Back