06 Rabbit wobbles when accellerating

sydro

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=185652
Hi,
I know this may not be the correct forum for this particular problem, but it seems there are a lot more eyes on this one.
I have an 06 Rabbit 2.5 automatic with 193k. The car cruises very smooth with no tire bounce at any speed. However, when you take off or do a hard acceleration "pass" maneuver, it wobbles like you have a bent wheel or tire way out of balance.
Front end components look good and cv axle/joints seem good. Am I not looking closely enough at those things or is motor/ tranny mounts (which also look fine) a possibility?
Is there a prescribed method to accurately access these components other than the grab, shake, push, pull...wonder approach?
Thanks for reading. I hope someone has seen this before and was able to pinpoint the cure.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Than you would know that a requirement here in this sector of the forum are auto-scans first............

Sounds like inner CJ joints or dif carrier bearings sloppy preload due to wear or simpler.

Could be broken exhaust flex pipe mount at sub frame module center section, "during load offset", due to worn lower motor mount bushing in center frame as cause.

sydro

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=185652
Thank you Jack. I didn't want to break the rules, but was a little desperate. Probably wrong again but didn't think this issue would be implicated on an auto-scan.
I will look closely at all of the above.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
You would be surprised what an auto-scan might actually bring to the table..............:p

First and foremost it explains the config of the car in more detail than 2006 Auto 2.5 Rabbit.......

What if the vibration was from a misfire under load or poor fuel delivery causing shudder?

sydro

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=185652
Yes, as soon as I posted that, I thought of how blind I could be to such possibilities. It's a silver 2 door, if that helps. (KIDDING!):D I will do the AS and get it on here.
Thanks again.

sydro

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=185652
Well, I got under the car and did some more tugging. It did seem that the right inner cv join was a little sloppier than it should be. I replaced it and it still seemed to have more play than I would expect. However, it did seem to cure the problem.
Thanks for the help