Ukraine

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
Russia has 1 million active personel with 2 million reservists. What , few thousands that might leave...it s a drop in a bucket. First ones to flee are those with means to do so..just like in Ukraine. I also don t fully believe the main media , it seems that they got on with renewed pathos...so...same old same old.
That flight radar info is somewhat misleading , that is tracking one flight from departure ppint to arrival point..it might seem very busy

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
They can't even supply the troops they have with food that is in date never mind any more mouths to feed. An army marches on its stomach, it always has done and logistics have left many a superior force beaten by an inferior one over millennia.

AINils

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
I believe not everyone wants to die for their country / government. I'm also not shure if i would. Country maybe, but actually government no.
Never would die for country, and also for government. This is quite ridiculous, if I die never would earn all the things fighten for.....

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
All those young men who fought and died last century didn't do it for themselves, they did it for the future so others did not have to fight. "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends"

AINils

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
Sure this is motivation, but for me it's not...... Only a few people in life are worth in my life to die for. My family a smal sort of friends, and my girlfriend nothing more. The rest of poeple does not interest me and are not worth fighting for

etz2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=69430
Never would die for country, and also for government. This is quite ridiculous, if I die never would earn all the things fighten for.....
I'm not shure if you can determine what's "quite ridiculous" or not. But for example there also people that die for their (religious) faith, i wouldn't do that, but i would also not call it "quite ridiculous".
There is also something that influence you in such a situation to do "the right thing", called Propaganda.

Last edited:

mattylondon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219022
A snapshot of one day in a country under siege. Filmed on 14 March 2022, the 2,944th day of the Russian-Ukrainian war, by a collective of Ukrainian film-makers who wanted to document life in Kyiv for ordinary civilians, citizens-turned-activists and groups of territorial defence soldiers. Written and directed by Volodymyr Tykhyy and the Babylon 13 Collective.

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
So for you the war started with the Ukrainian revolution in 2014? An interesting perspective that could be hard to argue with.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
Depends on your point of view.

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
Hi Uwe
How many days since the American coupe in 1776 ? Our is it easier to count from the more recent attempted and failed Coup.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
How many days since the American coupe in 1776 ?
Pray tell, who was the equivalent foreign influence to Victoria Nuland back then?

-Uwe-

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
Both the US and Russia were involved in trying to influence, the outcome of the Ukraine Revolution / Coup / Elections via diplomatic and perhaps not so diplomatic means, there is no disputing that.

What I would dispute is trying to imply that the Ukrainian government is not legitimate. It is much more democratic and representative than the Russian dictatorship despite the Russian trolls attempts to portray them as a despotic Neo Nazi regime.

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
@RGH0 You forgot civil war as an option, like when Charlie 1 stuck his flag up int air a mile away from where I am sitting starting the first English Coup d'état.

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
So..a chunk of Ukraine is now Russia , at least what the referendum says...
In other news..Trump sues CNN for defamation ...they called him Hitler...interesting to see how this unfolds.

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
So..a chunk of Ukraine is now Russia , at least what the referendum says...
In other news..Trump sues CNN for defamation ...they called him Hitler...interesting to see how this unfolds.
Despite sham referendums and illegal annexations that chunk of Ukraine that Russia controls is getting smaller by the day.

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
That was a very fair referendum, an armed Russian soldier turns up at your door and offers you the opportunity to vote... or " accidentally" fall from a high window or "trip" and fall down six flights of stairs, even though you live on the ground floor...

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
That was a very fair referendum, an armed Russian soldier turns up at your door and offers you the opportunity to vote... or " accidentally" fall from a high window or "trip" and fall down six flights of stairs, even though you live on the ground floor...
I don t know..supposedly they had some international oversight..foreign observers. I don t think they kept a gun to everyone s head. And ..i think it a better for those people to be under a russian protection rather than being slaughtered for years by Ukrainean army..

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I think it's pretty interesting how "democracy" is the best thing ever, unless of course the voters choose something that The Powers That Be don't like. See for example the recent Italian election. Now TPTB can't just call an Italian election a sham, so they'll just punish Italy using economic means for voting incorrectly. But of course in breakaway parts of Ukraine, they can get away with claiming the referendum was an "illegitimate sham", just like they did in Crimea in 2014. I could cite many other examples.

-Uwe-

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
Hi Uwe
You are changing the topic again to divert from the real issue of Russian coercion in its latest fake referendum. What goes on in Italy is the Italians business and given that they change governments about once a year is part of a much longer and much different story.

Democracy is not possible to impose and holding free and fair elections difficult at the best of times in the best of places. The Western world after many hundreds of years has evolved to establish fairly robust means for elections and the transfer of power, they are not perfect but surely don't involve armed soldiers in the process and they never result in a 98% acceptance or agreement.

You only see those results in sham elections held by dictatorships like China or Russia

In the end once your at war power comes out of the barrel of a gun and it looks currently like the Ukrainians have the ability to refute Russias claims