Update Coding on 2021 NAR Mk7.5 GTI to Use Headunit Out Instead of Fender Amp

DblHelix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=137942
I tried following some guides online that use long coding but none of the options seem to be present. Someone told me I need to use adaptations instead. I can’t find anything that sounds like the right options. Just trying to enable the headunit out and if possible maintain the fader and prevent error codes from when it checks for speakers being present. Have an amp I want to install with a different sub and front speakers.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
You need to flash the unit with dataset that has normal 8 speaker parameters.
Not doable by coding what you’re trying and dataset update not doable with VCDS i’m afraid.

DblHelix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=137942
You need to flash the unit with dataset that has normal 8 speaker parameters.
Not doable by coding what you’re trying and dataset update not doable with VCDS i’m afraid.
It should be possible but there are hundreds of paramaters. This is a common change I know others have done. Same head unit used with the se without amp

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
It should be possible but there are hundreds of paramaters. This is a common change I know others have done. Same head unit used with the se without amp
I’m not talking about coding or adaptations. Parameters I’m talking about need flashing. These are called datasets.

And yes, same head unit regardless is there an amp or not but different dataset.
I’ve done a few of these so I know it’s not doable via coding or adaptations.