Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
Gone: Skoda Octavia III 1.4TSI Combi
Missed: Audi RS4 Avant, Audi S4 Avant, Audi S3

So, Dave, have you decided on a new car yet? Going for a ‘lekkie one? Or have you drifted to Citr*en and don’t have the heart to tell us…? :facepalm:

Reactions: Uwe

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Finances after the divorce are tight so I'm having to stay with the 2020 Toyota Aygo that was my second car until I get my housing situation sorted out, then I'll be in the market for swapping that for a 'proper' VAG car again - most likely a used estate (wagon, combi, ...) of some sort.

But it won't be a 'lekkie' one - range anxiety, lack of public charging infrastructure (I often take long-ish road trips) and most of all cost (especially cost of replacement HV battery - I tend to run cars until they die) are the main factors stopping me moving to the 'dark side' until I am forced to by Government stupidity!

Until then I'll be an active lurker/contributor here, contributing my experiences and knowledge from 22 years of VAG ownership (and 46 years of car ownership).

You guys will be the first to know when I return to the VAG community :thumbs:

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
@PetrolDave are you getting a diesel or petrol ? I'm not a fan of diesel types cars , but here's a good friend of mine trying sell me an MB E Klasse 2008 , 2.2 170 HP ( full options) with about 5500 euros..car looks extremely well cared for ...I'm thinking of buying it for my wife and kids..Will be my first diesel car if I do buy it

Quintus Rotam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=490177
PetrolDave are you getting a diesel or petrol ?
Are you thinking there might be a chance we end up with DieselDave? :D

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Are you thinking there might be a chance we end up with DieselDave?

ZDmSze9.jpg

-Uwe-

• Haha
Reactions: JMR

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Dave: Hope you do better than this ;):
IwiAYBE.jpg
Well kinda....

I'm half buying and half renting a new build - with the option to buy the half I won't currently own later once things settle down.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
From Saturday I'm pleased to say I'll be back in the VAG fold as I'm buying a 2016 Skoda Octavia 1.8TSI DSG Laurin & Klement hatch - so my HEX-NET will be back in active use instead of just being updated :D

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Since we don't get Skodas here, I had to do a search to be able to picture it.

It's Skoda's Jetta. :cool:

-Uwe-

PS: How do you fit six people in an Mk.1 Octavia? One rides in the trunk. I can perosnally attest that it's roomy and comfortable back there, and I probably would have fallen asleep if the French guy driving hadn't turned the radio up so loud that I had to figure out how to disconnect the speakers back there entirely by feel.

Quintus Rotam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=490177
PS: How do you fit six people in an Mk.1 Octavia? One rides in the trunk. I can perosnally attest that it's roomy and comfortable back there, and I probably would have fallen asleep if the French guy driving hadn't turned the radio up so loud that I had to figure out how to disconnect the speakers back there entirely by feel.

You seem to be quite at ease with being an abduction survivor :p

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
Since we don't get Skodas here, I had to do a search to be able to picture it.

It's Skoda's Jetta. :cool:

-Uwe-

you guys don't get Renault also, Seat, Skoda , Citroen, Peugeot ...just to name a few..

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
you guys don't get Renault also, Seat, Skoda , Citroen, Peugeot ...just to name a few..
Correct. We've never had Seat or Skoda. We did have all three of those French marques in the past, but they all left the market. I'm trying to remember whether that was in the late 1980s or early 1990s. Fiat also left, but came back with a few models after acquiring Chrysler out of bankruptcy in 2009.

-Uwe-

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
Fiat also left, but came back with a few models after acquiring Chrysler out of bankruptcy in 2009.
and one of them is the shitbox that Fiat 500 is , no wonder americans hate it.... small, ugly , underpowered

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
Hey, anyone here in Europe wants a MB S 350 Diesel ,4matic, LHD ( sonderklasse) 2017 , with only 80.xxx kms on it ? Looks like new,white/cream leather interior, black color , asking 52K euros no less , fully loaded, no errors, serviced only in MB dealership, service /history only with MB dealer. Lady owner got tired of it, too big of a car for her....Car was bought with around 140+ k euros so it's a nice discount for a 5 yrs old car with such low mileage.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
and one of them is the shitbox that Fiat 500 is , no wonder americans hate it.... small, ugly , underpowered
Never been in one. My aunt in Germany had a real 500 in the 1970s. Now that was a tiny, under-powered shitbox. Top speed around 100 km/h. Non-synchronized first gear, and my aunt never learned to double-clutch it. :facepalm:

-Uwe-