Unable to re code new door electric Drivers control module

Tommy5150

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My names Tommy got a VW Golf mk6 2010 1.4ltr TSI 118kW CAVD.

I joined this forum quiet a while ago (2 months roughly) and am still waiting for my account to be processed. (Your registration is currently under review. During this process you will not be able to create a thread. Verification is processed by a human and may take up to one business day.) looks like wont happen till next year ;)

Am having a issue re coding new door control module (driver). Open VCDS go to Elect. Door Drivers. Click on coding. Enter new code, Do it and then the coding window stalls. (Window not responding)

Does not change code it just stalls. It does this every time, I thought maybe its just a one of thing. Tried it 20 x one after the other and always the same thing. As soon as I click do it it freezes. If you have a look at the scan bellow I believe it is showing the unit as "defective" only because it is not coded correctly. Am I correct? I think if I manage to get it re-coded this error will disappear along with all the other codes.

I had the unit replaced managed to find an exact match just from a VW Toureg. So need to re code for my golf 6.

Otherwise communicates fine with the module just cannot re code it.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so what did you do to solve this?

Any input would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers

Tommy :)

PS Here is the scan

Code:
Removed.   Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quintus Rotam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=490177
Hi,

Can you post a full Auto-Scan as other things could be pertinent in this case.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@Tommy5150: Hi and welcome. "2 months roughly" seems to be an inordinately long time to process a registration application!! Ross-Tech is generally very good with their response - are you sure that there wasn't a problem with the information provided? In any event, after such a long-time waiting - maybe consider a gently worded follow-up contact with admin?

As for your specific request, I suggest as an introductory response that you consider how to best help yourself. Specifically, put yourself in the position of other forum members reading your post.

As worded, whilst we know the car make/model (and country of sale) - there is very little specific information about the modules themselves, or about how the modules fit into the CAN network on the car (what is the reason for "hiding" the Part/SW numbers for the door modules?)

Maybe also consider how useful it would be to those wanting to provide assistance (and how beneficial it would be to your needs) by providing a FULL (meaning unedited - except maybe for hiding VIN, if you consider this important) auto-scan using the latest VCDS software!

Don

EDIT: oops.........@Quintus Rotam -great minds think alike!!

Tommy5150

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Thanks QR. Forgot to save new scan today. But here is the old one. Sorted allot of the issues out just some still remain. But what I did notice that the driver door control module has no SW or HW and just shows as Part No SW: ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ HW: ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ.

Why is this and could this have something to do with it? What is the "ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ"?

Weird thing is this is the only one that it stalls on when I got to re code. just freezes in windows 10 and does nothing. Waited 10 minutes and nothing just said "application stopped responding". Tried it over 20x So totally baffled as to why its doing this and not letting me re code it.

Drivers door control module installed is 5k0 959 793 KLO HW 009 / SW 21 XX 290710

Code:
Removed.   Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quintus Rotam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=490177
Forgot to save new scan today. But here is the old one.

You don't need to save them, Auto-Scans are automatically saved, typically in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Scans folder, if you let VCDS install in it's default location.

Tommy5150

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
@Tommy5150: Hi and welcome. "2 months roughly" seems to be an inordinately long time to process a registration application!! Ross-Tech is generally very good with their response - are you sure that there wasn't a problem with the information provided? In any event, after such a long-time waiting - maybe consider a gently worded follow-up contact with admin?

As for your specific request, I suggest as an introductory response that you consider how to best help yourself. Specifically, put yourself in the position of other forum members reading your post.

As worded, whilst we know the car make/model (and country of sale) - there is very little specific information about the modules themselves, or about how the modules fit into the CAN network on the car (what is the reason for "hiding" the Part/SW numbers for the door modules?)

Maybe also consider how useful it would be to those wanting to provide assistance (and how beneficial it would be to your needs) by providing a FULL (meaning unedited - except maybe for hiding VIN, if you consider this important) auto-scan using the latest VCDS software!

Don

EDIT: oops.........@Quintus Rotam -great minds think alike!!
Hey DV52,

Thanks just updated all the info bellow. I didn't blank out the SW and HW that is what the scan came up with. It is very bizzar not sure why that is. Unit came from a VW toureg.

So left scratching my head.....

Tommy5150

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
You don't need to save them, Auto-Scans are automatically saved, typically in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Scans folder, if you let VCDS install in it's default location.
Sorry my bad did not know that. After checking that folder I realized I didn't actually do an auto scan today. Forgot. just Went into 42 electr. door module drivers. So will do it tomorrow.

Just wondering what would be stopping it from re coding if it has something to do wit the SW & HW ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ?

I was hoping to re code it myself but looks like I have to get it done with odis. Worst thing is didn't even find a thread showing how to replace the SW & HW to the correct name (code)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Back