2001 Audi A6 4.2L

daisy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=290770
The car has bad battery, I am trying to unlock it today with no luck using the original key, of course it did not work with the remote control, thus I tried inserting the key in the driver's door keyhole and turning it manually, but that had no luck too.
I am not a AAA member, so this is not an option I want to explore at this moment, but maybe as a last resort I would. I am also not looking for people to suggest to brake anything off my vehicle, please save me your unnecessary comments if you can't actually help me out with this SERIOUSLY I am looking for positive feedback and ultimately solution to my problem- a safe way to open the vehicle and replace the battery!
Thanks for reading my post!

HMC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28246
Hi Daisy,
If you can get the car jacked up (safely using stands) you may be able to get to the main starter lead and connect a starter pack or jump leads to that and earth and the car will be powered.
Regards HMC

daisy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=290770
Thanks for the help. Problem is solved!

Quintus Rotam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=490177
Thanks for the help. Problem is solved!

Can you elaborate? Was it solved by following HMC's advice or something else? If it ever happens again to someone, your experience could be useful. Thanks