2017 T6 Transporter - EGR and cylinder pressure sensor.

Howard

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385576
The engine management light came on my 2017 VW T6 150hp diesel. I ran a full auto scan which told me I had an intermittent NOX sensor fault. I decided to have the EGR cleaned to see if it would clear the problem.
Booked the vehicle into my local VW agent to have the EGR flushed, but they called me to tell me when they connected their diagnostic it showed the glow plug number 3 cylinder pressure sensor was faulty.

VW completed the EGR clean and changed the pressure sensor. The management light is out and the van is driving well. But I suspect following an inspection of the engine they didn't change the pressure sensor, although I was charged for it.

My question is would VCDS have identified the sensor fault when I ran a scan, and is there a function on VCDS to check the flow / condition of the EGR?

How do I post an old Autoscan which is saved under logs?

Thanks

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
How to post an Auto-Scan

My question is would VCDS have identified the sensor fault when I ran a scan, and is there a function on VCDS to check the flow / condition of the EGR?
If the sensor fault was present at the time of the scan, VCDS should have detected and reported it.

I am not an expert on EGR so I am going to leave that for others to comment.

Quintus Rotam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=490177
How do I post an old Autoscan which is saved under logs?
Go to the folder your Auto-Scan is saved in (\Scans or \Logs), open the text file, copy all the contents and paste here (please wrap it in [code ] tags for easier reading).
Video and detailed instructions can be found in the How to post an Auto-Scan thread.

Reactions: Uwe