VW Caddy 2014 , 1.6 tdi fuel injection pump leak

Brian1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=498136
I,m wondering if someone is familiar with this problem i have with a vw caddy 1.6 tdi
There are no faults coming up but there is a diesel leak and when i investigated it there seems to be a leak from the timing belt side of the fuel pump
Is this possible?
i looked carefully and took off the timing cover and you can see the diesel coming from the bottom of the timing cover
There is no sign of leaks any where around the top of the engine that might cause it to make its way down there
Hopefully someone might have a solution please?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
As this does not appear to be VCDS related in any way, moving to General VW/Audi Repair.

-Uwe-

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
i'd say, find the leak first. likely place to start looking is of course the sprocket of the HPFP, but it could also be from somewhere else. lot's of diesel piping all around the timing cover.

Reactions: Uwe

Brian1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=498136
i'd say, find the leak first. likely place to start looking is of course the sprocket of the HPFP, but it could also be from somewhere else. lot's of diesel piping all around the timing cover.
Ok thank you for the reply, it is hard to see exactly where its coming from but i,m sure it drips out of the timing cover just under the hpfp sprocket
To rule out the hpfp can diesel leak from that side?