Audi A4 TDI CR code CJCB B8 year 2011

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
Please advise if you can...

I had a day off work yesterday and my colleague changed a clutch master cylinder. The engine would not start because of the clutch switch (diagnosed by an auto electrican). The car would bump start and ran okay previously. Today I was asked to look over the work carried out because now there are no electrics working. When the ignition key is fitted into the slot, no warning lights illuminate. I've checked the underbonnet fuses and relays, wiring that could have been disturbed and not found anything obvious. I've looked around the pedal box area and also can't see anything obvious. is there anything anyone has come across changing these clutch master cylinders that would prevent the engine starting thereafter?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
Had a 2012 like this , the bcm had wires broken in the trunk area ( check fuses and wires in trunk , right side ).

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
Thank you. I didn't pick up on it initially but under the hood (bonnet UK) in the (bulkhead UK) firewall there is a fuse board with a red battery feed supply to the fuse board. The fuse board and red power supply are on the inside of a plastic box that the fuse board locates in. When my colleague removed this somehow he must have accidently earthed out the red battery feed and this caused a fuseable link on the battery positive terminal connector to blow. I'd no idea there were fuse links fitted and as its not a direct paying job in my pocket it was not financially viable to buy and download the repair manual, hence asking on here.

• Informative
Reactions: JMR

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
Thank you. I didn't pick up on it initially but under the hood (bonnet UK) in the (bulkhead UK) firewall there is a fuse board with a red battery feed supply to the fuse board. The fuse board and red power supply are on the inside of a plastic box that the fuse board locates in. When my colleague removed this somehow he must have accidently earthed out the red battery feed and this caused a fuseable link on the battery positive terminal connector to blow. I'd no idea there were fuse links fitted and as its not a direct paying job in my pocket it was not financially viable to buy and download the repair manual, hence asking on here.
oh yeah , this is good info to keep in mind , it can happen doing repairs. Had today a guy that complained about not being able to start a 2008 VW Caddy 1.9 TDI ( some sort of a van for who doesn t know what a caddy is ) . Turns out that he shorted a fuse while working on the car, checked all the fuses and after replacing the blown one ..he misplaced the fuse slot. Took me 30 minutes to backtrace the Fuel Pump relay ( short to ground ) problem.

Reactions: Uwe