Start-Stop permanent disable Audi

samajama

Pirate
Reaction score
How to permanently disable start stop Audi Q2?
Under #5 (start/stop auth) I changed:
IDE04519 - deactivation of start stop function changed from non active to active. Start stop was disabled for a short period of time, then it started to work again
Any ideas?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
We need more information to advise, ideally a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan made using the English version of VCDS.

From 2019 onwards VAG prevented disabling of many features that might affect emissions, including stop/start.

If that affects you then if you have a physical stop/start switch then you can fit a memory device, available on many well known auction websites.

samajama

Pirate
Reaction score
We need more information to advise, ideally a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan made using the English version of VCDS.

From 2019 onwards VAG prevented disabling of many features that might affect emissions, including stop/start.

If that affects you then if you have a physical stop/start switch then you can fit a memory device, available on many well known auction websites.
Thank you for your reply. Here's the info:

2016 Audi Q2 2.0 TDI

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Crasher

Professional User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
you can fit a memory device, available on many well known auction websites.

What's that then? That has escaped my attention. It's like I say with all these ideas, introduce some form of electronic prevention one day and there will be a hack for it on fleaBay the next day.

Crasher

Professional User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
Looks like it but for our MOT it is not an issue and few people ask me to disable it... personally I hate the system, we have just done a turbo on a Golf 7 with this and I had to take if for a test drive so I took another turbo for rebuild (that is five in 10 days) and in stop start traffic it is highly annoying, only cutting the engine for a second repeatedly which is WORSE for emissions. The trouble is the system is dumb and does not have a clue what is going on around it, rather like the tax recycling civil servants that came up with the idea...

Reactions: Uwe