Driver assistance faults when turning steering wheel

Ravin

Reaction score
I have a 2015 passat b8 gte with a malfunction.

If I turn my steering wheel when stationary or when driving, the car indicates a malfunction in one or more of the driver assistance systems such as traffic board recognition, acc, lane assist, side assist, front assist.

When the car is just starting up, these messages only appear for a second. When driving for a while or turning the steering wheel a number of times, a number of messages remain and others come back at certain times.

Because it always happens when the steering wheel is turned, I think it has to do with the steering assist module. I managed to find something being wrong with the steering angle sensor, but cant find what or how. Tried basic setting already but no joy.

Does anyone have a suspicion what it could be?
I have a vas5054 and acces to vcds and odis if needed. I am able to have someone look at it together with me over teamviewer or anydesk if needed. Im looking for an expert on this who has worked a lot with vcds and/or odis and who can help :D. If you can help me solve the problem im willing to pay a fair price. But no cure no pay of course.

Crasher

Professional User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
A full VCDS scan, clear, drive and rescan then post the results but you will need to get verified first. It may not come to the tooth extraction pleasure of having to use ODIS.

Reactions: Uwe