Tiguan 2 ESP OFF switch possible?

brundozg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427444
Hello everyone,

I would like to install a button for turning ESP off/on. Currently the only option is to go through Infotainment menu to turn it off/on. I have blank spaces in the console next to gearshift lever and I found button 5NG927137A that could fit the console. Does anyone have an idea if such a tweak is possible?

car -> https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/29196/#post-247075

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@brundozg: according to THIS, registering the ESC button (after installation) with the hex03 module is done by setting the software switch on Byte 28, Bit 6.

Don

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I not convinced that even with the switch and coding you can actually turn ESP off - in most cases the options are ESP on and ESP Sport (i.e. still on but with higher thresholds). Having said that I believe that some Audi RS models could turn ESP fully off.

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
You are right. The infamous ESC off setting pushes the thresholds even further, but still does not completely disable it.

brundozg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427444
Sorry for incorrectly specifying my question. I wanted to say that if with button I can achieve the same functionality as via infotainment system, then I am happy.
@DV52 Thanks for your answer, I already ordered the button. I assume wiring diagram can be found on erWin?

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@brundozg: With the sage caution as advised by @PetrolDave (and as confirned by @TBAx) understood, Yes erWin is your friend for the wiring changes.

Don

PS: I created the very simplified wiring diagram below some time ago for another forum - it shows the general arrangement on MQB platform cars for the ESC button.

RRFagNJ.png