FEC/SWaP (Enabling APPCONNECT Apple/Android) in MIB unit possible to add codes with OBD11 and ODIS but not VCDS--- WHY?

AINils

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
I know that there are (were) a few VW employees who have/had the appropriate security clearance. They have sold signed SWaP illegally. But VW has been taking strong action against this for months. Therefore, in the future, such codes will also be part of the code via the VIN of the target vehicle and the ID of the producer. This way, it can be easily tracked and, if necessary, deactivated remotely!

sebyno

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=510172
any solution on this ?

UDS Adaptation Channel: IDE04330-Transfer of release code for a SWaP function
Stored value ERROR: Channel Not Available

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
You need to change the session to EOL. Default diagnostic session is not valid for that.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
have tried with security code S12345 and 20103
Sorry, I have no idea how to do it with VCDS. I've been using other tools for this work. Maybe @Uwe can enlighten on this topic?

olivere

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=531585
Hello,

I wanted to make a kind of summary for this whole topic.

Many websites/videos state that vcds can not do the needed mode change into end of line (EOL) mode.
This information is wrong, vcds is able to do this but you need to ask our benevolent dictator Uwe on how to do this.

Another common misconception is that you can easily generate SWaP codes using a generator in the internet, this is wrong for most people, the codes generated from the mibsolutions website are just a waste of time because they require a hacked unit. (I will not go into detail here but if you did not modify the software of the unit the codes are useless for you).

If you somehow (by buying it from VAG) got access to a SWaP code that is valid for the VIN of your car the procedure is as follows:

1. Ask Uwe via pm how to enter EOL mode (probably need to state your intentions)
2. Connect VCDS and go into 5F
3. Enter EOL mode using Uwe‘s instructions
4. Go to adaption and select channel IDE04330
5. Enter your code, apply the code, read the warnings that come up and and close adaption
6. Enter basic settings
7. Select channel (Something named SWaP code activation or similar, need to check how the name was)
8. press start
9. exit basic settings
10. Repeat 4 - 9 for every other code you might have
11. Exit EOL mode by closing 5F. (If you might have other stuff to do in 5F open it again)

If the functions are still not working:
1. Check if your code is valid in the FEC menu of the radio.
2. Reboot the radio (press power button for 15 seconds on most units)

If the menu entry for AppConnect/SmartLink or whatever it is called on your unit is not displayed in the menu:
There are settings in the adaption menu of vcds to disable the menu entry.
those are called something like:
…Google_GAL
…rhmi
…apple_dio
…mirrorlink
they are pretty near to each other in the list.
Enable the ones you want to have enabled, the rhmi one needs to be enabled for all as far as I know.

This was my procedure and as far as I know it should be the same or at least not be destructive to any other mib2 equipped car but playing around in EOL mode unlocks stuff you really should not touch, therefore I take no responsibility if you mess something up, you‘ve been warned.

dave11674

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=534897
sent mr Uwe a PM

im after enabling voice on my unit :)

thanks

dave

dave11674

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=534897
thanks for the help guys
i got my voice control switched on
thanks Uwe for the secret code

i wrote my own instructions on how to do the procedure with HEX-NET if its ok to put up ?
as i see some still have issues
if not no worries.

thanks again

dave

ps
from posting up on monday
i ordered a new cable
it came and is registered ok
and the job done, great reseller
5*

dave11674

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=534897
ok for anyone who wants to enable an option, mine was voice control
here is how

***************************speak with the boss man (Uwe) for this instructions as its not allowed public.

1 go into 5F
************************** to get into EOL mode for FEC/SWAP (accept enter new session)
2 go into security access 16
enter code 20103 (security access granted) ok
3 enter adaptation 10
search box "swap" choose "IDE04330 - transfer of release code for a swap function"
enter fec code into "new value" box press "Do IT!" vcds will complain about value length, click YES, then YES again to accept
then YES again to have VCDS to use default values of 12345/123/12345.......controller should then accept the request click OK
FEC code should now show in "Stored Value" click "Go Back" button
4 go into Basic Settings 04
drop down box select IDE04327 - Activation of SWap function, click GO.....finished correctly....STOP, Done, Go Back
Close Controller
If your in the FEC menu on the stereo you should see the new FEC pop up in there as valid.
5 hold power button on stereo for 15 seconds until it reboots
6 hold menu button to go into service menu and check fec codes are valid

hope this clears up some confusion

thanks

dave

Dari Schmalz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=543202
here is how

***************************speak with the boss man (Uwe) for this instructions as its not allowed public.

1 go into 5F
************************** to get into EOL mode for FEC/SWAP (accept enter new session)
3 enter adaptation 10
search box "swap" choose "IDE04330 - transfer of release code for a swap function"
enter fec code into "new value" box press "Do IT!" vcds will complain about value length, click YES, then YES again to accept
then YES again to have VCDS to use default values of 12345/123/12345.......controller should then accept the request click OK
drop down box select IDE04327 - Activation of SWap function, click GO.....finished correctly....STOP, Done, Go Back
Close Controller
If your in the FEC menu on the stereo you should see the new FEC pop up in there as valid.

thanks

dave
did you use code generated in mibsolution?

EuroX

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208579
As long as you have the right code its easy!

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
I have a question. Bought an Audi RSQ3 MY2023 (EU market). I didn't buy navigation, but did buy the navigation preparation, so everything is in place, it basically just needs "activated" by the dealer. This literally is the message showing up when I tap on the navigation icon in the MMI. Does anyone in this thread have the ability to enable that, obviously paid for, as long as it's cheaper than the 200 EUR the dealership wants to charge me.

I don't necessarily need it, but I quickly found out that TSR (traffic sign recognition) doesn't work because there's no navigation data to pull data from (in fusion mode).

AINils

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
Not possible for now, except Audi Dealer. These MIB3 Units (Delphi) are high secured and FEC isnt used anymore. It's FOD (Feature on demand) now and in Gateway stored, not in 5F anymore

Last edited:

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
Understood, thank you for the info!

Twins

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=176249
here is how

1 go into 5F
3 enter adaptation 10
Close Controller

thanks

dave
So how do you get the code? not patched code.

Jayos

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=170253
Following this thread with interest as would also like to enable voice control. @Uwe PM sent

Back