intake runner repair

stowburb

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=77250
Hey Guys, I've got a 2002 Jetta with the AFP VR6 that is making alot of noise in the intake, I have heard that there is a repair for this issue,but i have not found any info as to what parts I will need and how to do this repair. I have tried to find a thread about it and i'm sure you guys have talked about it before i just can't find it. Can anyone help me or direct my to that info?

Thanks,
Chris

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

I have heard that there is a repair for this issue,but i have not found any info as to what parts I will need and how to do this repair. I have tried to find a thread about it and i'm sure you guys have talked about it before i just can't find it. Can anyone help me or direct my to that info?

- Did a quick check on some parts for this, looks like there is a "repair kit for drive unit" - [071-198-763] <----- (for reference only)

- Do an internet search for that part number, I think you will find what you are looking for ;)

- Best to check with the dealer and see what they have available for your particular application.

- I would start by taking the intake apart and 'see' what is actually failed.

Hope this helps,

drpeter