VCDS Cloud shows wrong customer info

MichaelEr

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=144500
Hi,
I have bought my HEX-Net some time ago, but didn't get to register it with the cloud.
Now I have tried to do so today, and it seems that the device I have is registered to another user.
(Now, this explains why I had to reset the interface, since default password didn't work.)

Could it be that this device was used by someone else before I bought it? (a.k.a used?)

Please find the censored screenshot below, I will be happy to private message the full details to one of you guys at VCDS.
(I am just not sure that the other customer would want his mail and full name to be out in the wild, as well as my interface serial number).
VcdsCloud.jpg

Let me know how I should proceed, I didn't go ahead and didn't register with the cloud yet.

Thanks,
Michael

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yep, please PM me the un-redacted screen-shot, or e-mail it to us (Support@...) Customer info is put in HEX-NETs when they are prepped for shipment and I'm guessing there was a mix up at that point. Unfortunately, I don't know of a good way of looking at what else was shipped that day at the moment.

-Uwe-

MichaelEr

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=144500
Yep, please PM me the un-redacted screen-shot, or e-mail it to us (Support@...) Customer info is put in HEX-NETs when they are prepped for shipment and I'm guessing there was a mix up at that point. Unfortunately, I don't know of a good way of looking at what else was shipped that day at the moment.

-Uwe-

PM'd.

Also,
Can I assume that my details are embedded into someone else's interface?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Can I assume that my details are embedded into someone else's interface?
Nope. From what I can see here, his ended up in both his and yours.

We'll need to fix this when the office is open tomorrow.

-Uwe-