erWin Audi vs erWin VW

Gmickey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354933
Hello,

I can log into both sites with the same user ID and password.

Does this mean that if I buy a subscription that I will have access to both site’s content during the subscription period?

Greg

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I think a subscription is only valid for one brand.

-Uwe-

Gmickey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354933
Oh bummer! I’ll test and confirm. Was hoping to get info on all my cars. Based on your response, I will go with a shorter duration. Thanks!

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi there,

For $35 bucks (per brand) you get 24 hour access to erWin. That is an awesome deal!

From there you can download every single repair manual, wiring diagram, etc.. (gigs of data/PDFs) for ALL the 2021 and older vehicles.

Now if you prefer, you could just go to the alternative third party source... http://www.bentleypublishers.com/audi/

Pro Tip: I suggest a PDF printer plugin when printing out these manuals, if there is no download link.
oh.. Yea and best with a case of Mt.Dew, a gallon of sweet tea or any other caffeinated beverage! You only get 24hrs.00min.00sec :p

Enjoy!

drpeter

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
Hi there,

For $35 bucks (per brand) you get 24 hour access to erWin. That is an awesome deal!

From there you can download every single repair manual, wiring diagram, etc.. (gigs of data/PDFs) for ALL the 2021 and older vehicles.

Now if you prefer, you could just go to the alternative third party source... http://www.bentleypublishers.com/audi/

Pro Tip: I suggest a PDF printer plugin when printing out these manuals, if there is no download link.
oh.. Yea and best with a case of Mt.Dew, a gallon of sweet tea or any other caffeinated beverage! You only get 24hrs.00min.00sec :p

Enjoy!

drpeter
Now if you ask DrPeter nicely with his 1.21 Jigawatts he might go back in time and provide endless access. Now that would be an awesome deal :D

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
sCjI8Pk.png

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe

Gmickey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354933
Yeah, I tried to plan for this but failed. I made my purchase at 3 pm EST on Thursday expecting access before the weekend. That did not happen. In fact I still have not been contacted. Had to wing it on my weekend repair.

• Informative

Gmickey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354933
Yeah, I tried to plan for this but failed. I made my purchase at 3 pm EST on Thursday expecting access before the weekend. That did not happen. In fact I still have not been contacted. Had to wing it on my weekend repair.
Still no contact 1 week after purchasing 24 hour access.

• Informative

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
I communicated with Travis on Tuesday morning via email ; it was about 10:00am EST. So, someone is there.
I had a question about checking out. techinfo@vw.com
It can be a bit confusing following their stated directions (step 1)is the "Go to........ link below. Then they want you to click on the DIAGNOSTICS tab then choose ODIS tab from the drop down (tile) note, there is no ODIS tile showing ; Red header bar at top of page (step 2) ; the odis tab takes you to a Menu page (step 3) where you can choose the subscription length you would like. Here are some screen shots.

qHRsLQ3.png

Last edited:

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
step 2 above "click on ODIS service......" was confusing since I wasn't interested in ODIS service, but that tab does take you to the Menu / Subscription length page so you can make your choice:

1UEIh2y.png

xktgZhj.png

I would recommend that you email Travis at techinfo@vw.com , confirm he is there, then make your purchase. He answered me via email promptly ; during business hours.

Gmickey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354933
So I emailed yesterday, thinking that I would receive a response on Monday. Instead, Travis replied shortly after.

Apparently a credit is applied to your erWin account. When you login, you put the subscription in the cart and then use the credit to pay. This allows you to start the subscription period at the time of your choice. He did not explain why no one emailed or called me to let me know the transaction was complete.

I will do this next Friday night so that I have all day Saturday to download. Does anyone have the experience to estimate how long it takes to find and download everything for one vehicle?

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
Hi, per post #6 , @DrPeter, I downloaded the PDF printer plugin: https://www.printfriendly.com/

note the green tab: "install browser extension" ; you can then pin it to your browser extensions at the Upper right of your tool bar browser , bookmarks, control settings browser etc.

Depending on what web-site page you are on , once you open the pdf plugin, That page will be displayed on the plugin extension page "overlay", You can then print it, PDF download it, or email it. Cool beans!

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
....... Does anyone have the experience to estimate how long it takes to find and download everything for one vehicle?

Hi there,

You can spend a hour or two at the most downloading all the files / print screens for one vehicle. It can also take as little as a few minutes, (10-20 min, or less?). It really depends on the erWin site, your internet speed, your ability to successfully navigate the erWin website, etc...

Personally, I would recommend to take your time, learn the layout of the website, explore all the areas of what the erWin site has to offer and take a break every once in a while. If your like me, download all this info is very addicting and you may feel the urge to download.. .. well .. EVERYTHING!!! There ,, I admit it I am a hoarder.. I download and keep every VAG file, document, etc I can get my hands one... and I feel good about it !!! lol (ps... good news when one is a hoarder of information, your desk can still look clean :p ).

pro-tip: Make folders for each vehicle by there sales code, see the example below...

Have fun,

drpeter

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
Also worth mentioning @DV52 mentioned that when on erWin , wiring diagrams WD is noted as
"Basic Equipment" = WD's.

Perhaps this could be added to the WD acronym ? Just a thought.