What part is this?

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
I have a 2003 audi a4 cabrio and still get the oil leven
Sensor error. Am on the 3ed sensor and all do the same thing. Change them out and clear code and as soon as i go the car get same error. Open ground to.short. read something about it could involve a hood switch sensor. Not sure if i have one as my car never indicates when hood is.open. i attached a pic from a connector near the hood latch. Not sure if this is it and no labeled in the erwun manual.

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Hdhd

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Oops cant find how to post pic

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
cant find how to post pic
See:

In addition, please post an Auto-Scan that includes the fault code(s) you reference in the first post of this thread, which is barely intelligible due to all the typos in it.

-Uwe-

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
It just kind of clicks into a slot right under the hood latch and the wire runs down past the radiator to never never land.

chillout1983

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=162783
its the hood latch micro switch by the looks of it ,it should be attached to the latch last car I did was a skoda yeti when the circuit was open the hood would show as closed and when the circuit was closed the hood would show as open on the MFD I disconnected the switch in my case as it was iintermittently showing as open and triggering the Alarm.

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
It wasnt connected to the hood latch at least that i could see. It just clicked right under into a slotted hole. I dont have any codes for it that i can tell. It also never indicates when the hood is open unlike the sensors for the doors and trunk. Not sure if this latch is interfering with the oil level sensor lighy that keeps coming on.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
This doesn't seem to involve VCDS in any way, shape, or form. Moving to General VW/Audi Repair.

-Uwe-

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Its a mix of both.

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
An Auto-Scan (with VIN) would be helpful? What color are the wires? Note that if it has a "pigtail" on it, then what color are the wires at the car's connector for it?

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
its the hood latch micro switch by the looks of it ,it should be attached to the latch last car I did was a skoda yeti when the circuit was open the hood would show as closed and when the circuit was closed the hood would show as open on the MFD I disconnected the switch in my case as it was iintermittently showing as open and triggering the Alarm.
Should my car be showing the hood is open then when its open? And possibly causing the oil level sensor light to be on all the time?

HMC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28246
" Should my car be showing the hood is open then when its open? And possibly causing the oil level sensor light to be on all the time? ".
From what I recall, yes and yes. Have you tried pressing the button to see if it brings the bonnet light on? You could also disconnect it from the main harness and short the 2 wires and see what happens with the light. Once you trigger the bonnet light the oil warning should go.
Regards HMC

Reactions: Uwe

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
I tried pressing the button ams nothing happens. The one wire to this sensor looks in bad shape.i will have to try and get to the main harness from under as its a tight fit. What do you mean by short the 2 wires?

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Just odd that if there was an issue with the hood sensor i would think it would show in vcds which it does not.

HMC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28246
What do you mean by short the 2 wires?
Join the 2 wires together, if you cannot do it at the connector (best) cut and bare the wires and join them, see if the bonnet light come on and the oil light goes off.
Regards HMC

Reactions: Uwe

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Well their was a wire broke clear off right before the latch sensor. We did get the light to come on for the.hood but the oil light was still on. Not sure if its a timing issue but definitely need a new latch sensor.

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Im gonna try and turn the light off with vcdd. Open the hood and trigger the sensor and leave the hold open for a bit. Then close it and see what happens