Reversing camera stuck out (can’t open tailgate)

harrihealey02

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=407005
Hi all,

my cars been going fine with all my previous mods. One thing that happened yesterday is the reversing camera was out and one of my mates tried to open the tailgate (with camera still protruding from the badge) now it’s stuck in the out position and won’t allow me to get into the boot. Is there a way I can try and manually engage the camera operation via VCDS? All I need is for it to try and go back in (putting car in reverse and neutral doesn’t solve it)

kind regards,

Harrison

harrihealey02

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=407005
Hi all,

yesterday when I had finished reversing, the reversing camera stays out for around 10 seconds and in that time one of my mates tried to open the boot causing the camera to get stuck in the out position. I can’t open the boot now because the camera is still out. Is there a setting that will allow me to reset the camera or manually retract it in VCDS?

harrihealey02

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=407005
I fixed it! Had to reset the battery, disconnected it for 2 minutes, switched on ignition and lights with battery still disconnected to empty any volatile memory and it works!

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Please post an Auto-Scan for context, so people can see how the vehicle is equipped and configured.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Duplicate threads merged. Please refrain from opening multiple threads for the same problem/question in the same car.

-Uwe-