Problem with HEX-NET, VCDS-Mobile, and ASAM updates

jhuber

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=346551
I have VCDS 21.3 under Windows 10 and VCDS-Mobile Codebase Jun 22 2021 - 17:38:46.

My HEX-NET has
CB 0.4548
FW 0.256
CFB: 0.10
BL: 0.28
DS: 30000060

According to VCDS Interface Config V2.252, when I check for updates, there are no updates available. However, whenever I try to use VCDS-Mobile from my phone, it says ASAM files need updating, and freezes at "Updating ASAM dataset 0% Preparing to update..." Sometimes it will download 1K and stop.

Can someone tell me what is going on here? Why does the PC say the HEX-NET is up to date, but the mobile version says the ASAM dataset needs to be updated? How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Connected to USB, switch to Beta channel and try, it should update without any problems. ;)

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
What's the back story of this car, is it chipped? It looks like at least one module does not have a proper VIN, and the VIN is often required to identify the correct ASAM data.

jhuber

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=346551
Connected to USB, switch to Beta channel and try, it should update without any problems. ;)

I did that, but Win10 still says no updates are available.

jhuber

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=346551
What's the back story of this car, is it chipped? It looks like at least one module does not have a proper VIN, and the VIN is often required to identify the correct ASAM data.

None of my vehicles that this HEX-NET has been used with are chipped. They are all stock, and have been serviced at dealers. I've never been notified that there are issues with any of the modules.

In any case, I left to get some supper, and I left the HEX-NET plugged in via USB to the computer. When I came back and tried again, VCDS-Mobile is now happy, and says the HEX-NET is up to date. I don't know what happened there.

Reactions: Uwe