How to work out coding

knockoff

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=178291 (NRRT)
hi i am new to vcds and have little experiance could any one point me in the right direction on how to work out the coding i have a damaged modual on my car ant cant retrive the code to go into a second hand one i have bought

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
What model? Year? Which module? May we have an autoscan please?

It's really hard to answer such a question with such limited information.

knockoff

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=178291 (NRRT)
2010 4l 4.2 tdi sline it is the onboard control modual witch is under the seat in the cabin since posting i have discoverd the component lock is active in the modual so b4 i code i need to get that removed i think the code is 003030 or 0003030 thanks for ur reply

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
2010 4l 4.2 tdi sline it is the onboard control modual witch is under the seat in the cabin since posting i have discoverd the component lock is active in the modual so b4 i code i need to get that removed i think the code is 003030 or 0003030 thanks for ur reply
Still need to see that Auto-Scan for us to be able to help - coding will depend on hardware & firmware version of that module and (in most cases) what other modules are fitted to the car.

Do you mean Component Protection? If you do then to remove it you need to go to either an Audi dealer or an independent with online access to the corporate servers - and while there if you just want the 'normal' coding replaced then they can do it for you.

Reactions: Uwe