Lorry vs Caravan

GaryM

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=226919
This is doing the rounds at the moment and happened on one of the UK's busiest motorways a couple of days ago (ignore the date/time in the corner of the video as it's incorrect). The comments at the bottom of the video probably speak for themselves :D

And a longer version here...

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm thinking it may be time to get a dash camera 'cause footage like that is priceless! :cool:

GaryM

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=226919
In a nutshell, two pig-headed drivers, neither prepared to give in to the other in order to try and prove a point. It was only ever going to end in tears. Prize idiots the pair of them.

And another from a few weeks ago. Clearly this guy either forgot he had something hitched to the back of his car or he was on some sort of kamikaze mission!

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I'm thinking it may be time to get a dash camera 'cause footage like that is priceless! :cool:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/dash-cam-android-comparison/

If you don't want infrared for driving at night, here's three good uses for that old Android phone that's sitting at the bottom of your desk drawer.

I have been watching a Chineseum aftermarket vehicle entertainment system recently, because it comes with a built-in dashcam video input. I acquired a cheap dashcam with flip-down LCD display a few years ago, and only used it a few times in competition because I don't like the idea of tempting thieves by leaving it stuck to the dashboard 24/7. Having a tiny camera mounted at the ceiling/windshield line seems like the best solution for daily use. There are two-piece dashcam systems intended for commercial drivers that would be perfect for me, but they cost several hundred bucks and don't have an A2DP input for streaming music from my phone like the Chineseum stereo unit.....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
In a nutshell, two pig-headed drivers, neither prepared to give in to the other in order to try and prove a point. It was only ever going to end in tears. Prize idiots the pair of them.
I dunno, seems to me the one driving the caravan was clearly in the wrong. If I wish to change lanes, I must find (or wait for) an opening in that lane. Signalling my desire to be in that lane is all well and good, but it does not create an obligation on the part of anyone already in that lane to let me in, most especially when I've used the lane I'm in to get ahead of a whole bunch of people who are already in the lane I wish to be in.

GaryM

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=226919
Without a doubt the caravan should never have tried to push in in the first place but there is something called driving without due care and attention which the lorry driver was clearly doing by revving up his engine and doing everything he could to keep the gap closed and prevent the caravan guy getting in. As a professional driver he should have known better instead of letting road rage get the better of him and shown a little bit of restraint and leniency. If he had just eased off the gas a little and dropped back to let the caravan slip in it could all have been easily avoided. Likewise, the caravan had clearly missed the turn-off and should have had the sense to just carry onto the next junction and then turn around. But no, both drivers were clearly adamant that the other wasn't going to "win" and they paid the price. Not to mention the disruption they caused to other drivers behind them who needed to leave the motorway at that slip road. It was probably closed for a good hour or so after that. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them got charged with careless or dangerous driving. Complete numskulls :rolleyes:

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482

I have them in everything - even my bike helmet!

I've still got about 12 cheapo chinesium ones in the garage... Very average!

Search SJ4000 on ebay :thumbs: they pretty good for the money.