A6 3.0 tdi actuator problems help please.

Sharpygti

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HUC-2H
Hi. A friend has a a6 3.0 tdi. It was playing up, one min it would have boost the next it wouldnt and was flat. It went into a garage and they took the actuator off, they sent it off to be tested and it came back working fine. They have tried to fit it but they cant recalibrate it. The battery keeps dying because the car is just sat there. They have had the ecu off it not sure why and now the setting on the centre screen arent available either.

1st question. Can someone tell me how to recalibrate/ relearn the actuator. It had a code stored saying no basic settings. I've done basic settings before on my a3 but cant seen to work this one out.

2nd. Does anyone know how to install all the settings in the centre screen. Apparently you could do stuff with the suspension and other bits before but it just says no setting available now.

Sorry I dont have a log from the car as yet.

I'll be going to see the car at the garage soon but If i can get some info before I go it would help.

Thanks, ben

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Sorry I dont have a log from the car as yet.

I'll be going to see the car at the garage soon but If i can get some info before I go it would help.
It's pretty much impossible to answer these questions without seeing how the car is equipped and configured.

Even if we knew the model year, A6 3.0TDIs simply aren't all the same.

-Uwe-

Sharpygti

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HUC-2H
Hes just told me it a 2012 allroad 3.0

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Hes just told me it a 2012 allroad 3.0
STill need to see the Auto-Scan, even knowing that it's a 2012 Allroad 3.0 doesn't tell how the car is equipped as not only do all cars not have the same options but also VAG make running changes.

The other complication in the UK is that when we say our car is 2012 it could actually be 2011, 2012 or 2013 model year - and model year is what matters not year of registration.

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

Sharpygti

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HUC-2H
Ok thanks. I'll try and get up to him and do a auto-scan