PQ Lane Assist suddenly works for 50 seconds

karldietmann

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=339222
Hey :-)

The retrofitted Lane Assist in my Golf 6 suddenly works für around 50 seconds, instead of 11 seconds. Unfortunately i have no idea what caused this. Its a highly modified car, with tons of (OE only!) retrofits.

I took a video of it and my friend Evangelis uploaded it:

Anyone has an idea what i did to make this work? I dont remember when it started - just noticed it some time ago…

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
I doubt you did anything. The Lane Assist driver input torque timeout is static, but it's also easy to false-reset (briefly exceed the input threshold) from normal road disturbances, bumps or puddles and the like. If you want the car to steer itself for any real length of time, you want openpilot.

karldietmann

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=339222
My normal (11 seconds) lane assist never "false-reset" itself. And i've driven thousands of km with it.

Maybe check the video again carefully: If it was just reset, than the MFA would just show the two lines for another 11 seconds - followed by the warning in the MFA and the "dong" sound. But it's not like that. After around 20 seconds, the first MFA warning appears, multiple acoustic warnings follow, and after 50 seconds it stops working followed by a "beep" sound.

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
some 1K0 steering rack can be adjust to run 30sec ,

karldietmann

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=339222
Last edited by a moderator:

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
some 1K0 steering rack can be adjust to run 30sec ,
For PQ, the EPS will accept Heading Control Assist commands for up to six uninterrupted minutes. The driver torque input check is at the camera.

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe
Back