Bosch Mp9

Racingfuel

Pirate
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Hi All,

Im new here and by no means a technical or diagnostics expert. So before you comment please bare that in mind-I would appreciate any help to my query though, so here goes:

I am based in South Africa and own a vw mk1, that is somewhat of a frankenstein conversion. It is currently running a 2L 8v Engine with associated Bosch MP9 VW motorsport ECU and engine harness with associated engine mods as used in the 3rd Gen Polo cup racing series in the 90's. Thus, it is not factory-So dont ask me for a VIN number-Its not that simple.

The ECU has the key coding delete and I previously tuned/set the vehicle on the old vagcom "Blue box" as used by dealerships and vw motorsport SA (hint) before laptops were commonly used. I unfortunatly do not have access to this unit anymore.

Yes, it is old-I know, but its my pride and joy and very neat even by today's standards.

I have purchased the Rosstech HEX-V2 cable and installed the latest corresponding software. (VCDS 21.3.0)

I need to do the very basic of settings on this Engine and thus need access to:

1.) Lock engine speed at 1500rpm or therabouts to set ignition timing (previously done under basic settings in Vagcom if memory serves me)
2.) Throttle body alignment
3.) Check for any engine related fault codes
4.) Set C/O fueling parameters, this used to be a 3 digit numerical value around the 126ish mark-Im not sure but might be under building blocks or something to that effect.

I connected the cable and tested the connection, the cable lights up Green on one side and I get the following message:

Port Status: OK
USB library version: 03.02.07
USB driver version: 02.10.00
Interface: Not Found!

Thus, I cannoct connect to ECU.

Please help me,

Thanks,
Racingfuel

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Where did you purchase your HEX-V2 cable?

Please post a photo of it.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Moved to Hall of Shame on the basis of e-mails to our Support team.

FWIW, this is the interface in being used:

RyanClone.jpg

-Uwe-

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
Uwe, you have been holding out on us! This version comes with a "Installing guide" and you don't need a internet connection! Oh, and no need for that antivirus stuff either. Sounds like a upgrade !

pirata.jpg

(thanks for a look at what's circulating out there Uwe).