Release 409.1

elDübel

Reaction score
Hello from Germany,

i heard the rumor that the version 409.1 of VAG-COM is free to use without any price...
Is that true or just a urban myth? I do not want to download a cracked version of your software, if its really free to use it would be okay for me, but if Ross Tech is having problems with this, i really would buy the VCDS Lite Version.

My "problem" is that i am an amateur tinkerer on my 2002 Volkswagen Transporter. I am not earning any money with this software and i am just playing around. So when there is a legal way to play around without any cost for me...i would do it. But i can understand that software development costs money.

So, thanx for any answers in advance :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
i heard the rumor that the version 409.1 of VAG-COM is free to use without any price...
No.

Version 409.1 has been obsolete and unsupported since 2010, when the first version of VCDS-Lite was released.

VCDS-Lite is available as shareware for free, but some functionality is restricted unless you buy a license and register. You can certainly "play around without any cost" with it.

-Uwe-

elDübel

Reaction score
Thanx... :)
i already tried VCDS Lite with my Transporter, it worked but some essential parts are missing. Like service reset...

So, i am gonna buy the private license for VCDS Lite and thats it :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
it worked but some essential parts are missing. Like service reset...
There is no 'automated' service reset in VCDS-Lite. Of course you can do service resets with VCDS-Lite once it has been registered, but you have to tweak the relevant Adaptation channels manually.

-Uwe-

elDübel

Reaction score
Hello Again :)

i bought the license and got a key per E-Mail. Could you please tell me where i have to put that Key in the Software? Am i missing something?

Could be at the wrong forum because i am not a pre customer at the moment ;-)

Greetings,

Michael

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
Hello Michael,

Full instructions here.

Your xxxxxx.vca file should be saved in the same folder as VCDS-Lite.

elDübel

Reaction score
thank you...

when i got it right i had to fill the form and now wait for response... AFTER i bought a key in the store...

So, lets wait for it :)