2019 RS3 Can bus (active) MAS01464 Emergency running mode wont turn off

TwistedRealm

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325517
Hi guys, I've had issues with my Haldex on and off to the point we eventually swapped out the pump & controller which didn't help. We realized the clutches must have been damaged/warn but you can not purchase them separately from Audi. With that said, we ended up purchasing a whole new Haldex coupler unit based on the year and vin number to match. We've installed the unit and did proper (or so we believe) pump relearn in which is says "completed time out" and we now have the awd working and no more fwd spinning tires only any more. But we notice there is still a can bus error somewhere and it has to do with AWD emergency active status staying on. When we tested other haldex boards we used a s3 control board and it removed all can bus errors (see photo for reference). The other two (orginal 2019 and a brand new one which has the same box code) both results in can bus awd emergency active. What I don't know is if this is fine or does it function differnet in this awd emergency mode? Also we would use the K code controller but we noticed the out put voltage is lower on the pump, assuming its a a3 or s3 controller. When we tested the difference between them at launch controller we only see 5.1 volts with the K and 7.5 volts with the newer code rs3 controllers.

Last edited:

TwistedRealm

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325517
See photos below.

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
HI, great pics and narrative ; I would definitely post a complete autoscan.

TwistedRealm

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325517
HI, great pics and narrative ; I would definitely post a complete autoscan.
Thanks for the response, not sure what you mean for complete autoscan. When I do a scan i don't see any errors. Only when I look at the can bus status.

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
HI and Welcome TR, There is a (relevant) wealth of data on that scan and the members here can accurately advise you by analyzing that scan and usually correct the issue , click HERE.

Also, the administrator may move this thread to "car repair support" as IMO it involves VCDS!

Last edited: