Audi A6 C7 Transmission DL501 OM5 Fault

PaulBAUDINAM

Pirate
Reaction score
Firstly I am from Namibia. And expert advise on the subject trans is very bad.

I have an Audi A6, that has had a transmission issue since January 2021. it has been to AUDI, the technicians removed the Trans, Stripped it and put it all back together with no repair, also not finding any fault.

The Fault occurred after a "Woman" drove it through some water. 7 kM after the water the following happened. You can continue driving, "No reverse" and in limp.

Audi confirmed that there was no trace of water in the oil.

After getting the car back from AUDI, the car was no longer in Limp, however Reverse, 2nd, 4th, and 6th does not engage. only 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th. That would suggest that the second shaft is not being shifted.

I removed the Mechatronic unit and tested all the solenoid valves for resistance. All was fine. I replaced the Filter, it was black instead of white. (Audi did not do it when the box was open...... Fantastic workmanship.

I did NOT do a continuity test on the harnesses on the mechatronic. after some research some info suggests that this is a potential failure area. Also as per an AUDI Campaign that I found online from 3 years ago. I will look into it.

After diagnostic done. the following code shown.

18022 - Valve 1 in Transmission Part 2
P174C 00 [237] - Electrical malfunction

This is the only fault.

Can someone assist by telling me what this means. Maybe someone has had this exact code. The previous mentioned P174C code is related to the mechatronic harness.

on one forum, I saw that the sudden change in temp with the trans potentially being submerged in Cold water could have caused damage to the harness. difficult to believe.

Any advice would be fantastic.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

PaulBAUDINAM

Pirate
Reaction score
Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulBAUDINAM

Pirate
Reaction score
the battery had gone down from standing some time. after all faults were checked and cleared it was just the below that remained.

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001