Removing Information Electronics Control Module - C7 S6 Audi

derekmv

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=414716
I'm trying to do some work on the car and the I can't get the unit out far enough to release the wiring. The wiring for connector A is seemingly too short either because it's wedged into the long space in the frame it mounts in or otherwise caught elsewhere. Does anyone have any tips or tricks? Can I take the frame out that it mounts into at the same time?

Any assistance or guidance is appreciated.

MMI2.png

nugentp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=353561
That repair manual pic looks very different to my C7 A6 - had the info module out recently - the surround piece for the actual radio has two very short electrical connectors at the bottom - coming up from behind HVAC unit (which needs removed first). The two plugs come out easy enough once you can feel them.

the radio unit has a hefty metal bracket at the rear so be sure and protect trim around gearstick etc when removing.

also pay attention to the locking tabs on the electric plugs for antenna and other cables on the radio.

derekmv

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=414716
Appreciate the response. I've got the HVAC unit out. The cable Im having issues with is the one that seems to route up to the antennas.

derekmv

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=414716
Well, I got it out. The wrap had separated on the wire leaving the glue exposed in the slit it was coming through. A little patience and a rewrap of the wires and the problem is solved.

nugentp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=353561
Well, I got it out. The wrap had separated on the wire leaving the glue exposed in the slit it was coming through. A little patience and a rewrap of the wires and the problem is solved.
Well done - there isn't much room there and yeah clear head needed for some of those connector locks.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Since this does not involve VCDS in any way, moved to General VW/Audi Repair.

-Uwe-