Golf GTE MK7.5 DRL Adaptation

TGE

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165489 (NRRT)
Many thanks for everyone's input.

@DV52
You have suggested to try this:
  • ENG116945-ENG116054-Leuchte9FL RB2-Lichtfunktion E 9 > Daytime running lights
  • ENG116945-ENG116056-Leuchte9FL RB2-Dimmwert EF 9 >127
  • ENG116944-ENG116035-Leuchte8FL LB39-Lichtfunktion E 8>Daytime running lights
  • ENG116944-ENG116037-Leuchte8FL LB39-Dimmwert EF 8>127
Looking at my BCM dump, my understanding from your many posts on lighting that RB2 and LB39 are Front Left/Right Main Beam. Wouldn't your suggestion make the main Beam LED lamps come on as DRL's?
Also if I applied your suggestion to LC5 and RB1 the Left/Right LED Dipped beam come on as DRL's?

Should I be applying your suggestion to VLB10 and VRB21 which from my understanding is Front left/Right Side lights:banghead:

Also as you have said there appears to be no dimming command for the DRL's or the Front Side Light lights, or when the indicators are flashing.

What I do not not understand if you look at the values for RB2, Function D9 and LB39 Function D8 they are different, and do not correspond to what you think they should be doing?

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^^^^ @TGE Hi and thanks for the excellent questions/observations - it shows an inquiring mind and a healthy appetite to learn (which is always a good thing IMO :))

As you have doubtless gleaned from the sage responses by @Uwe/@Dana above - we are hampered here by the outdated VCDS equipment (I use the term "outdated" cautiously because HEX+CAN was a brilliant tool and IMO it reigned supreme during its phenomenal 20 year period - and it still remains so for older VAG models)!

And, as your auto-scan has attested, we are none the wiser about the nature of the LCMs that are almost certainly installed on the car and that are clearly masked by the HUC limitations - as @Uwe says.

So alas the environment for our investigations is far from ideal!!

Nevertheless and with these real constraints as context, I invite that you consider the following:

Looking at my BCM dump, my understanding from your many posts on lighting that RB2 and LB39 are Front Left/Right Main Beam. Wouldn't your suggestion make the main Beam LED lamps come on as DRL's?
I'm not sure specifically which of my post you mean, and it is true that RB2/LB39 are used as High-beam Leuchte-sets on some cars - but this most certainly is not a universal assignment across ALL VAG models. Nor does the High-beam assignment of the 2 x Leuchte-sets apply for ALL factory headlight options within a particular VAG model.
In fact, quite the opposite; RB2/LB39 appear to be allocated to the High-beam function mostly (only?) on headlight fittings which have incandescent lamps (so, not applicable to your car!!)

if I applied your suggestion to LC5 and RB1 the Left/Right LED Dipped beam come on as DRL's?
With the caveat that I'm not sure how the LCMs @the missing hexD6/D7 address might like this change, maybe yes. The problem is that on a MQB platform car where the BCM is in FULL control of the headlight lamps, there are 2 x separate DRL activities that are undertaken by the BCM on non-incandescent lamps;
  1. 2 x Leuchte-sets in the BCM are allocated to establishing the DRL power supply requirements.
  2. 2 x Leuchte-sets in the BCM are allocated to the actual DRL lighting characteristics
On your admap, I can't see that the BCM is soley managing activity (1) above- so I suspect (guess, really) that the LCM s are undertaking most of this function -perhaps. If I'm correct and because normally LCM don't have accessible coding channels, the DRL power supply might not be compatible with the LC5/RB1 change made in the BCM.
My tweak suggestion suffers exactly the same problem!! I simply don't know how binding this matter is on your car!!

Should I be applying your suggestion to VLB10 and VRB21 which from my understanding is Front left/Right Side lights:banghead:
I don't believe that this will help since both VLB10 & VRB21 Leuchte-sets have been factory disabled in your admap. This almost certainly means that there will be no wires connected to BCM pin #10 & pin#21 on socket B. So, the forced activation of these Leuchte-set won't achieve much (I think)!
Also as you have said there appears to be no dimming command for the DRL's or the Front Side Light lights, or when the indicators are flashing.
Yes Indeed!! If the DRLs/Parking Lights do behave as you have described, the dimming functions do not appear to be coming from the BCM - maybe it's controlled witin the LCM s?
What I do not not understand if you look at the values for RB2, Function D9 and LB39 Function D8 they are different, and do not correspond to what you think they should be doing?
I suspect that I'm mis-reading your comment - but you lost me!!! According to your BCM admap:
  • ENG116945-ENG116051-Leuchte9FL RB2-Lichtfunktion D 9 > Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)
  • ENG116944-ENG116032-Leuchte8FL LB39-Lichtfunktion D 8 > Parking light right
I don't believe that I previously expressed any consternation about these values! But yes, the values are different - and correctly so, in the same way that every Leuchte-command is different where it refers separately to the left-side and right-side car lamps.

In this particular instance, the Lichtfunktion D commands above refer to Single-Side-Parking-Light function (i.e. the PL on one side of the car illuminates after ignition switch-off depending on the position of the turn-signal stalk).

Last edited:

TGE

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165489 (NRRT)
DV52 many thanks for your thoughts

I'm not sure specifically which of my post you mean, and it is true that RB2/LB39 are used as High-beam Leuchte-sets on some cars - but this most certainly is not a universal assignment across ALL VAG models. Nor does the High-beam assignment of the 2 x Leuchte-sets apply for ALL factory headlight options within a particular VAG model.
In fact, quite the opposite; RB2/LB39 appear to be allocated to the High-beam function mostly (only?) on headlight fittings which have incandescent lamps (so, not applicable to your car!!)
I guess my mistake has been that I have thought all the headlights as being the same, ie LED all with the same functional appearance.

I don't believe that this will help since both VLB10 & VRB21 Leuchte-sets have been factory disabled in your admap. This almost certainly means that there will be no wires connected to BCM pin #10 & pin#21 on socket B. So, the forced activation of these Leuchte-set won't achieve much (I think)!
I'm gonna have to have a look at the BCM to confirm this. Why do they have to make it so complicated:banghead:

Yes Indeed!! If the DRLs/Parking Lights do behave as you have described, the dimming functions do not appear to be coming from the BCM - maybe it's controlled witin the LCM s?
It appears that my Hybrid has a Hybrid BCM ie a mix of BCM and LCM, neither one or the other.

I suspect that I'm mis-reading your comment - but you lost me!!! According to your BCM admap:
  • ENG116945-ENG116051-Leuchte9FL RB2-Lichtfunktion D 9 > Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)
I don't believe that I previously expressed any consternation about these values! But yes, the values are different - and correctly so, in the same way that every Leuchte-command is different where it refers separately to the left-side and right-side car lamps.

In this particular instance, the Lichtfunktion D commands above refer to Single-Side-Parking-Light function (i.e. the PL on one side of the car illuminates after ignition switch-off depending on the position of the turn-signal stalk).
What I was referring to is that from my Channel map:

TGE

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165489 (NRRT)
What I was referring to is that from my Channel map:
ENG116944-ENG116032-Leuchte8FL LB39-Lichtfunktion D 8, with a value of Parking light Right.
I think what has happened here is that from my translation and cross referencing I have LB39 as Left Main Beam and RB2 as Right Main Beam, so wondering why the Left Main Beam is set to control the Right Parking light.

The other setting i am questioning is:
ENG141647-ENG116593-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht, which is set to Not Active ,I set this to Active which resulted in Scandinavian DRL's, ie front and rear lights. However the Front Parking lights were on reduced brightness and the bumper DRL's on full brightness.

I tried your suggestion, this had no effect.

I wonder if you have or seen a channel map of a MK7.5 Golf R/GTi or GTD, to compare the settings if any for the DRL's?

I shall play some more when time allows, however navigation through the channel map is not easy, also noticed from the adaptation values, there is Daytime running lights and Daytime running lamps, what is the difference?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I'm gonna have to have a look at the BCM to confirm this.
hmm.... if by "have a look" you mean physically eyeball the connector pins on socket B - then I suggest that you save yourself the trouble of removing the left-side trim panels on the driver side (and removing the bonnet latch mechanism)

A far easier method to validate (or, to refute) my hypothesis is to actually activate the Leuchte-set via VCDS. If the lamp changes behavior - then I'm wrong (this is by no means a rare situation).

Here's an example; the instructions below activate one of the Leuchte-sets in question so that the left-side lamp is fully illuminated after ignition-key turn regardless of the position of the LDS.

ENG116938-ENG115910-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lasttyp 2 > 43 - allgemeine LED
ENG116938-ENG115913-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion A 2 > aktiv 100%
ENG116938-ENG115915-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2 > 127

If the behavior of said lamp does not change in accordance with the tweak above - I'm correct!!

It's much easier than pulling-off trim panels to eyeball socket pins -IMO, of course!!

Why do they have to make it so complicated:banghead:
I suspect that you probably meant the reply above as a casual aside - but contained within your obvious expression of frustration is a key aspect of your question.

I have no idea how VAG views Ross-Tech - but the boffins @ VAG HQ never designed Leuchte-programming to be easy for VCDS users

However, what may appear as being "complicated" to VCDS users is actually a simplicity when considered in the context of what is needed to mass produce multiple versions of MQB platform cars with each model having multiple lighting equipment options.

So, whilst acknowledging that the 35/36 x Leuchte-sets do indeed have their limitations, IMO the regime in general does a remarkably good job of accommodating the principal needs of the multi-national conglomerate - which of course has very little to do with customer satisfaction and it has a lot to do with return-to-shareholder!! :thumbs:

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
The other setting i am questioning is:
ENG141647-ENG116593-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht, which is set to Not Active ,I set this to Active which resulted in Scandinavian DRL's, ie front and rear lights. However the Front Parking lights were on reduced brightness and the bumper DRL's on full brightness.
Yep- sounds correct to me!!

The "Scandinavian DRL" light-function illuminates the DRLs, together with Parking Light lamps on the front and rear of the car (plus it illuminates the instrument cluster for PL switch-on status)
I tried your suggestion, this had no effect.
hmm.... I often have a problem understanding foreign accents and of course NO Aussie has an accent - but what I actually said was:
dv52 said:
According to your BCM admap:
ENG116945-ENG116051-Leuchte9FL RB2-Lichtfunktion D 9 > Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)​
ENG116944-ENG116032-Leuchte8FL LB39-Lichtfunktion D 8 > Parking light right​
As you can see from the bold bit above - the settings for the 2 x adaptation channels came from your BCM admap! So of course re-entering EXACTLY the same values into the channels "had no effect"!!

I wonder if you have or seen a channel map of a MK7.5 Golf R/GTi or GTD, to compare the settings if any for the DRL's?
Don't tell the great-man, but this forum is a store-house cram-packed with quite valuable and extremely interesting information!!

From my reading of your situation during the course of our discussions in this thread- I suspect that it's decision time!!

You face a number of serious hurdles in your pursuit of knowledge; you have an incompatible VCDS cable for the equipment on your car and your forum status appears to be "New Member"

I'm not sure what limitations apply because of your "New Member" status, but the forum search function is your best friend in seeking "MK7.5 Golf R/GTi or GTD" information.

But in any event, a far more important question is- what are you prepared to do about the HEX-CAN cable - because these limitations will likely be more binding in your long-term endeavors

Don

Last edited:

TGE

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165489 (NRRT)
Many thanks for your thoughts.

Part of the problem of getting the newer interface is that I am doing less and less tinkering now. I started off many years ago with the VAGCOM Cable, then moved to my current lead, and as much as I like my toys its hard to justify for access to just one module. If I move away from VAG, the leads redundant to a point.

What adaptations are available for the 4B module(LCM), I have searched but not found anything, would I be able to do what I want?

In the adaptations, what is the difference between a Day Time Running Light and Day Time Running Lamp?

As you can see from the bold bit above - the settings for the 2 x adaptation channels came from your BCM admap! So of course re-entering EXACTLY the same values into the channels "had no effect"!!
Typo on my part,
You suggested to try this, which I did with no effect.
  • ENG116945-ENG116054-Leuchte9FL RB2-Lichtfunktion E 9 > Daytime running lights
  • ENG116945-ENG116056-Leuchte9FL RB2-Dimmwert EF 9 >127
  • ENG116944-ENG116035-Leuchte8FL LB39-Lichtfunktion E 8>Daytime running lights
  • ENG116944-ENG116037-Leuchte8FL LB39-Dimmwert EF 8>127

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Part of the problem of getting the newer interface is that I am doing less and less tinkering now. I started off many years ago with the VAGCOM Cable, then moved to my current lead, and as much as I like my toys its hard to justify for access to just one module. If I move away from VAG, the leads redundant to a point.
OK- I learned long ago to NEVER, never - ever debate the merits/foibles of someone else's purchasing decisions because they are always (correctly) predicated on a very personal value proposition. How you view the likely benefits from a current HEX-series cable/dongle against its cost is exclusively your personal prerogative!!

But I do understand your rationale!!

What adaptations are available for the 4B module(LCM), I have searched but not found anything
With my hope that I haven't offended a forum colleague (or transgressed forum etiquette), I've thieved the hex4B admap below from a post by @jyoung8607. The module came from a NAR 2018 Atlas SEL Premium - so the same MQB platform as your Golf. For obvious reasons, I have no idea whether it is the module in your car- but I very much doubt it

Code:
;SW:3Q0-907-338   HW:3Q0-907-338 ---  Multifunc. Module
;Component:FCM MQB Low   001 0286, Coding:000000070100135200010000000000000000000000000000000000000000
;EV_MultiModulContiVW48X,001010,EV_MultiModulContiVW48X_VW27.rod
;Monday,05,June,2017,21:07:59:21122
;VCDS Version: Beta 17.5.1 (x64)  Data version: 20170602 DS272.0
;VCID: 72A81BA0A5FDA3D762-8026

IDE00001-Production mode,not active ,3
IDE00820-Activating and deactivating all development messages,not active ,1
IDE01996-Installation list: specified installations-TNF 152101,Yes ,1
IDE01996-SFT00041-Installation list: specified installations-Light Control Left,No ,1
IDE01996-SFT00057-Installation list: specified installations-Light Control Right,No ,1
IDE01996-SFT00075-Installation list: specified installations-Multifunction module,Yes ,1
IDE01996-SFT00214-Installation list: specified installations-Light Control Left 2,Yes ,1
IDE01996-SFT00215-Installation list: specified installations-Light Control Right 2,Yes ,1
IDE02332-Deactivate production mode,0 ,3
IDE03641-Presentation run dynamic AFS light,active ,1
IDE03642-Presentation mode,not active ,1
IDE03679-Adaptive light functions,active ,1
IDE03787-Activate left/right hand drive switch-over,not active ,1
IDE08418-Matrix light: total dimming,100 %,1
IDE09156-Matrix headlamp: function at standstill,not active ,1
IDE09568-MAS09833-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 1,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09834-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 2,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09835-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 3,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09836-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 4,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09837-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 5,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09838-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 6,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09839-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 7,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09840-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 8,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09841-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 9,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09842-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 10,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09843-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 11,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09844-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 12,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09845-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 13,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09846-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 14,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09847-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 15,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09848-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 16,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09849-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 17,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09850-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 18,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09851-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 19,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09852-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 20,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09853-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 21,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09854-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 22,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09855-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 23,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09856-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 24,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09857-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 25,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09858-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 26,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09859-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 27,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09860-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 28,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09861-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 29,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09862-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 30,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09863-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 31,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09864-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 32,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09865-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 33,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09866-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 34,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09867-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 35,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09868-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 36,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09869-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 37,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09870-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 38,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09871-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 39,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09872-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 40,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09873-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 41,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09874-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 42,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09875-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 43,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09876-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 44,OFF ,6
IDE09568-MAS09877-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: left headlight-LED 45,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09833-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 1,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09834-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 2,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09835-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 3,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09836-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 4,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09837-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 5,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09838-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 6,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09839-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 7,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09840-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 8,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09841-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 9,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09842-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 10,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09843-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 11,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09844-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 12,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09845-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 13,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09846-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 14,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09847-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 15,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09848-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 16,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09849-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 17,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09850-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 18,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09851-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 19,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09852-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 20,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09853-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 21,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09854-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 22,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09855-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 23,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09856-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 24,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09857-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 25,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09858-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 26,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09859-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 27,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09860-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 28,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09861-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 29,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09862-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 30,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09863-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 31,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09864-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 32,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09865-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 33,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09866-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 34,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09867-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 35,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09868-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 36,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09869-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 37,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09870-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 38,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09871-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 39,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09872-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 40,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09873-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 41,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09874-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 42,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09875-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 43,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09876-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 44,OFF ,6
IDE09569-MAS09877-Bit pattern of individual segment activation: right headlight-LED 45,OFF ,6
UNK00000-TNF 153647-TNF 154833,0 %,12
UNK00000-TNF 153647-TNF 154832,0 %,12
UNK00000-TNF 153647-TNF 154835,0 %,12
UNK00000-TNF 153647-TNF 154834,0 %,12
UNK00000-TNF 153647-TNF 154837,0 %,12
UNK00000-TNF 153647-TNF 154836,0 %,12
UNK00000-TNF 153647-TNF 154839,0 %,12
UNK00000-TNF 153647-TNF 154838,0 %,12
UNK00000-TNF 153647-TNF 154841,0 %,12
UNK00000-TNF 153647-TNF 154840,0 %,12
UNK00000-TNF 153647-TNF 154843,0 %,12
UNK00000-TNF 153647-TNF 154842,0 %,12
ENG124608-Order_Reference_Run_Activation_Effect,No dependency ,1
ENG124607-Reference_Run_Activation_Effect,Activation effect disabled ,1
ENG103979-Reference_Run_Start_Condition,Engine start ,1
Elapsed Time: 00:07

In the adaptations, what is the difference between a Day Time Running Light and Day Time Running Lamp?
same thing!!
You suggested to try this, which I did with no effect.
As I have alluded-to multiple times in previous replies - your findings are not surprising!!

Last edited:

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
With my hope that I haven't offended a forum colleague (or transgressed forum etiquette), I've thieved the hex4B admap below from a post by @jyoung8607. The module came from a NAR 2018 Atlas SEL Premium - so the same MQB platform as your Golf. For obvious reasons, I have no idea whether it is the module in your car- but I very much doubt it
It's probably good practice to ask, but in my case, Ross-Tech employees and other forum members "in the club" (they know who they are) are welcome to share and discuss any and all data from my personal fleet anytime someone would find it helpful. Same does not go for anything I've uploaded in the past from VCDS Locator List visitors, as they didn't necessarily consent to their data being public.

As for that 4B module, I think the module itself is fundamentally the same between my former 2018 Atlas and my 2018 Golf R, though the lighting modules it controls are somewhat different. I have as-delivered maps from my Golf R, but I broke my nginx web host config awhile back and haven't been arsed to fix it, so the link is dead. If you want the maps, DM me an email address and I'll pass them along.

TGE

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165489 (NRRT)
After further :banghead: multiple times and more searching, I found the following link post#12

https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/14284/

I compared the Golf R map to mine on the lighting channels, some subtle differences, but nothing that would show the DRL's \_\_ _/_/ in the headlamps.

One of the lines, Daytime Running Lights and Daytime Running Lamps, there appears to be a difference. Lights appears to put the Dipped Beam ON, and Lamps in mys case refer the bumper DRL's [ ].

Looking at the 4B map again from the above link, by my limited understanding, I cannot see anything that would show the Headlight DRL's \_\_ _/_/. unless there is something in the Long coding.

The search continues.

Last edited: