Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeynut

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
Trying to register my Hex V2 cable. When I click on the Options button it takes me to the screen with the test button but the button next to it is labelled LEDs and not Config. Because of this I emailed all my details, including Hex V2 number to Ross Tech and got a email back saying I am now a "Registered Member" but I am still unverified. Can you help?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Can you help?

FWIW, the serial number you provided when you joined the forum is from a clone/pirate interface. Have you bought a real one since them?

I'm not finding anything in our customer records under the e-mail address you used to join this forum. Did you use a different one when you "emailed all my details including Hex V2 number to Ross Tech"?

-Uwe-

Hockeynut

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
FWIW, the serial number you provided when you joined the forum is from a clone/pirate interface. Have you bought a real one since them?

I'm not finding anything in our customer records under the e-mail address you used to join this forum. Did you use a different one when you "emailed all my details including Hex V2 number to Ross Tech"?

-Uwe-
Sorry, my mistake I didn't email, I filled out the "Register" form on this page next to the Log in button. Are you sure it isn't genuine? I bought it from an Amazon Trader who advertised this Hex V2 as genuine. I can't insert a photo but you can see his advert here, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072BZ7815/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, he's now sold out! Can you please let me know if it is genuine as if not I need to take it up with Amazon and get my money back and I need to do it tomorrow as I am away after that. Just to re-check the serial No. is H11-025771. Many Thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
Note the "broken" English in the detail list ; nothing like "free phone support from car internal" !!

Ross-Tech Hex V2 VCDS USB Diagnostic Interface and Free Phone Support​

Brand: Ross-Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 ratings

| 19 answered questions

Currently unavailable.

We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

• An advanced product from Ross-Tech
  • Includes free phone support from car internal
  • Optional unlimited or limited to 3 or 10 chassis numbers (VINs)
  • Set includes the advanced version Ross-Tech VCDS and advanced updates
  • Alternatively with a robust transport case

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
Can you please let me know if it is genuine
(Translation German to English)

1.0 out of 5 stars the pictured product not delivered! it is a plaviatum from China
Reviewed in Germany on 11 March 2021
Verified Purchase
It is NOT the original cable, it is a China plaviat! does not match the set picture and description

Hockeynut

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
Note the "broken" English in the detail list ; nothing like "free phone support from car internal" !!

Ross-Tech Hex V2 VCDS USB Diagnostic Interface and Free Phone Support​

Brand: Ross-Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 ratings

| 19 answered questions

Currently unavailable.

We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

• An advanced product from Ross-Tech
  • Includes free phone support from car internal
  • Optional unlimited or limited to 3 or 10 chassis numbers (VINs)
  • Set includes the advanced version Ross-Tech VCDS and advanced updates
  • Alternatively with a robust transport case
Yes, I'm sure it's fake.

-Uwe-
I will be taking this up with Amazon. Will you be taking action against the seller for infringing your copyright and for falsely using your company name?

Hockeynut

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
(Translation German to English)

1.0 out of 5 stars the pictured product not delivered! it is a plaviatum from China
Reviewed in Germany on 11 March 2021
Verified Purchase
It is NOT the original cable, it is a China plaviat! does not match the set picture and description
Yes but in my case the pictured product was delivered. Visually this is no different to the HEX V2 on the Ross Tech site. As for "broken" English, I don't expect all foreigners to be word perfect in English and this person is German

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Beware of fake copies! :facepalm:

Ross Tech has an excellent network of distributors where you can inquire in detail about everything before buying. We know how to recognize a fake, the best copy is not like the original.

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
As for "broken" English, I don't expect all foreigners to be word perfect in English and this person is German
I don't either, except in a Professional add or listing its a real rookie giveaway. Also, how do you know the seller is German?

I don't think Amazon is going to be able to help; as the item is not sold or stocked by them and thus all concerns need to taken up with the "seller" or in this case , the Pirate. Your CC however, should be able to do a charge back.

That clearly was a Phishing add, and unfortunately you fell for every trick in the book.

By the way, what did you pay for it?

Hockeynut

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
I will be taking this up with Amazon. Will you be taking action against the seller for infringing your copyright and for falsely using your company name?

I don't either, except in a Professional add or listing its a real rookie giveaway. Also, how do you know the seller is German?

I don't think Amazon is going to be able to help; as the item is not sold or stocked by them and thus all concerns need to taken up with the "seller" or in this case , the Pirate. Your CC however, should be able to do a charge back.

That clearly was a Phishing add, and unfortunately you fell for every trick in the book.

By the way, what did you pay for it?
So you have never seen a "Professional" advert with a mistake in it? How about this?
Mitt-romney-america-typo.jpg
As for how do I know the company is German, look at the advert!
81YiGOR5KvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

As for Amazon net being able to help, wrong again as the Item was sold on Amazon Prime, which means it was stocked by Amazon and delivered by them. Amazon are liable for their suppliers, or at least they are in Europe, I don't know about America.

Can you please tell me how this was "clearly" a phishing add? And what trick, exactly did I fall for?

I joined this Forum for help but so far all I have received is know it all comments!

Hockeynut

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
Yes, I'm sure it's fake.

-Uwe-
Hi Uwe
You say it is fake and yet I bought it from these people in Germany through Amazon.
81YiGOR5KvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
That same company are on the VDCS Germany Facebook site claiming that they assemble them under license from Ross Tech https://www.vcds.de/ I'm not looking for an arguement but I bought this in good faith from a company claiming to be your agent in Germany selling genuine items. I just want to get it all sorted so I can get help with my VW EOS

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
yet I bought it from these people in Germany through Amazon.
No, I really don't think you bought it from Auto-Intern. I believe you bought it from some unscrupulous seller who used a photo of an Auto-Intern case in his listing.

-Uwe-

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
As for Amazon net being able to help, wrong again as the Item was sold on Amazon Prime, which means it was stocked by Amazon and delivered by them. Amazon are liable for their suppliers, or at least they are in Europe, I don't know about America.
OK, great. So what is the problem then?? Sounds like you have it all figured out.

However, Just because it states sold by Amazon and delivered by them does not mean it is; if its a phishing add, its ALL BS (get it!) The pictures mean nothing and neither does the description. And until there is a problem, it shows like many other adds (well, sort of).

And that's as far as I'm going to go, since this is a public forum, I have no interest in aiding potential scams or scammers. You will have to research on your own and then analyze that add. It is full of red flags.

I joined this Forum for help but so far all I have received is know it all comments!
Well, you joined for members who have information, presumably more than you, I can't help it that you were scammed " shooting the messenger" is not going to help your cause , so far you have spent all your efforts/comments defending yourself and stating who is liable; one simple email or phone call would have prevented your problem as noted in post #683 above. Next time, start with that. You have a RT distributor right in the UK.

Kilah

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432225
@Hockeynut

- You cannot expect to pay 60euro and think is original.
- If you look at Q&A in 27 March 2021 version of interface was 20.4.2
- Q&A : And we don't provide updates. You have only one version
- You need to disable parts of your antivirus...

All signs of a "pirate" version....

PS :
Auto-Intern sell in German language ( also support English as second language ) but if you don`t speak German why to buy an interface in another language ?

Hockeynut

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
OK, great. So what is the problem then?? Sounds like you have it all figured out.

However, Just because it states sold by Amazon and delivered by them does not mean it is; if its a phishing add, its ALL BS (get it!) The pictures mean nothing and neither does the description. And until there is a problem, it shows like many other adds (well, sort of).

And that's as far as I'm going to go, since this is a public forum, I have no interest in aiding potential scams or scammers. You will have to research on your own and then analyze that add. It is full of red flags.

Well, you joined for members who have information, presumably more than you, I can't help it that you were scammed " shooting the messenger" is not going to help your cause , so far you have spent all your efforts/comments defending yourself and stating who is liable; one simple email or phone call would have prevented your problem as noted in post #683 above. Next time, start with that. You have a RT distributor right in the UK.
As I said, nothing but "know it all's" I'm beginninbg to be glad it's a fake if you are an example of how this forum member treat others who have suffered misfortune. As for it not being sold by Amazon, then why did Amazon place the charge on my card? But that's me done I'm off to find a nicer class of people!

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Gentlemens,

Everything has already been said here. I don't think there is a need to continue. :cool:

TheStigOnline

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=424879
Gentlemens,

Everything has already been said here. I don't think there is a need to continue. :cool:

idk, my Sunday has been made brighter with our forums signature humour and helpful ways before I'm off to replace some wing mirror indicators then hit the beach on this most sunny day here, so, being in a good mood is actually most helpful for genuine VCDS work of course ;)

Genuine interfaces even make Tea, people need to know! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back