Calling all cars. Calling all cars. Polish Coalcracker screwwed up Auto HVAC

vwtech

Verified Coal Cracker
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=7573
Dana,

I will wait and see what Jetta 97 thinks.
You know how Dr. are they don't except new patients and are hard to get appointments with. LOL

I will also do another compressor check on another car with same type compressor see how fast high side comes up.

I agree with your theory so you ain't rusty! It's very possible. Sure seemed like a long time to me...
I never would of jumped power & ground to it without you saying it.
Cause I know it's a pulse not direct power to control it. I will use that again!

I got no problem buying a compressor Just don't want to guess. At least now I feel it would be an educated guess.
Can't order one till Monday so I will test another car and wait and see what other say.

Again thanks
Good Luck

vwtech

Verified Coal Cracker
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=7573
Did same test on a 11 GTI 2.0T high side pressure came up to 180psi within 30 seconds But stayed below 200psi.

So I agree Dana compressor seems weak and slow.
I will wait and see if any other comments then I imagine buying a compressor.

Good Luck

Jetta 97

Professional User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
Jetta 97

What pressure sensor on compressor?
I know of noid or is it noid and pressure sensor?
:confused:
Blow off valve is another on compressor.

Thanks

Good Luck
It is one that regulates pressure , I called it Pressure regulator sensor(could be solenoid) located on Compressor and it is one that plug goes on it (plug what supply Power and Ground )

vwtech

Verified Coal Cracker
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=7573
Well getting no other input I emptied system checked for restrictions thru condenser and all lines with low pressure air. None found :(
Having nowhere else to go because the damn thing performed basic setting of compressor run-in but refused to clear the code.

03023 Running-in Requirement 005 No or Incorrect Basic Settings/Adaptation in 08 Auto HVAC.

I decided the best educated guess was as me and Dana assumed the compressor was weak.
Bought a new compressor installed recharged system performed basic settings for compressor run-in again.
And low and behold the damn code cleared.

So all is good but man this was a mother!

Dana can't thank you enough!! You are the best!

I hope this one helps others in the future.
I hate spending big money on a guess thank god it worked.
But I do think the basic settings for compressor run-in should never have preformed.

Good Luck

Jetta 97

Professional User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
But I do think the basic settings for compressor run-in should never have preformed.
It really does not matter do you preform basic settings or not , If compressor is good it will clear it out . You had problem since day 1 with A/C on this car , and from my experience 99% of the time compressor is the problem on Solenoid on top of the compressor but not all the time you can get solenoid , so you need to replace compressor.