Hex-net firmware update... starting from really old FW version

flatironss4

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=239088
Hello to all, my hex-net is on Code block VO.04123 and FW version 0.214 I started by going to the F.A.Q page and following 6.12
ON windows 10,I got java to run HexNetConfigV1.963.jar From there I got Hex-Net into infrastructure mode and tried to update through the web interface.
I keep getting stuck there and the message pops up that there is a " internal server error please try again"

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but I wasn't able to find the solution.

Derek

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56983
Hello

Can I double check I'm reading your post correctly, Are you running the java version of the config tool on Windows 10?

Ross-Tech have made it much easier to do now if you're using a Windows computer that has a USB port.

If you do have a Windows computer, download the latest version of VCDS from here https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/current.php

Allow it to install on your computer, then plug the HEX-NET in via USB, and give it a minute to boot up and for the computer to finish the install.
Run VCDS, and click [options], [test]. This will open latest version of the config tool which does not require java (if it does not open automatically, click [config] from the options screen). From the config screen update tab, choose [check for updates], then [download update] until it says you are up to date.

Note: It might take a while to fully update, and you'll need the computer to have an internet connection at the same time so it can download the firmware for the interface

Best regards
Derek

Last edited:

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Codeblocks below 42xx can only be updated through the web interface and are likely not compatible with current VCIConfig, see this post:
I'll let @Shaun and/or support chime in, but it's possible you'll need a RMA if you can't get past the internal server error in the web interface.

Derek

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56983
Thanks Eric, and my apologies to the original poster, I didn't realise that was the case
Best regards
Derek

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Sounds like the OP has already found the following thread, but I'll link to it for the sake of completeness.

-Uwe-

PS: Moved to HEX-NET Support.

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
You could try to update through the java utility first and see if that gets you any closer, then try the update through the web interface again. Can you post some screenshots of what you are seeing?

flatironss4

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=239088
I tried to go through the web interface and update again. It is still giving me the same error message
o07faTM.jpg

Before going to the web interface I tried to update through the Java config and got this message.
8P6K3JL.jpg

Let me know what to do from here. Thanks and excuse the late reply

dinodayon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=248694
I am also having the same problem.

Back