Timing chain Mk4 2003 3.2 vr6

crd4me

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261997
Hello,
Using here vcds-mobile app to capture sychronisation of camshaft vs crankshaft on subject vehicle with a view of measuring chain and tensioner condition.
I read accross the web that 90&91 + 208&209 blocks are to be logged for this.
What is the equivalent blocks over hex-net /w vcds-mobile.
As a parallel question why when selecting an advance value location of for say 90-1 (just 90-1) it prints 4 data blocks?

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
I read accross the web that 90&91 + 208&209 blocks are to be logged for this.
The measuring block values are determined by the ECU - not the diagnostic tool. They will be the same.

As a parallel question why when selecting an advance value location of for say 90-1 (just 90-1) it prints 4 data blocks?
The measuring values in a MKIV are shown in a group of block values. The group always contains 4 values. It is the way that VAG designed things. This is not a diagnostic tool thing.... So, in your reference, you want to see group 90 block 1. When you request Group 90 you will see values 1 through 4...

When logging data, you look for blocks that contain the information you want to view. Often the information is repeated in different blocks. VCDS and VCDS-Mobile will only allow 12 values to be logged. So it the user needs to identify which groups present the information they need.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The should be shown as "locations" in the Advanced Measuring Value selections, sometying like 90-1, 90-2 .... 208-1 and so on.

-Uwe-

Back