2015 Audi A3 8V Full LED Retrofit

sanrivera

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242750
Hi all,

This is my first post, so please be gentle.

I am fairly new to all of this. I need some help retrofitting full LED headlights. I currently have Bi-Xenon headlights and have verified that the BCM is the same as models with full LED lights. My BCM is 5Q0937085S.

My issue is the adaptation piece of this. I have no idea how to get this done.

Would it be sufficient to ask if someone who owns an A3 8V with full LED headlights to map their 09 Controller so that I can then apply the same adaptations?

Please help!

Thanks,
Sanjeev

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Full scans from both cars, including adaptation channel maps from the BCMs would be a good start.

Have you checked wiring diagrams for both cars to see if there are any differences in wiring?

-Uwe-

sanrivera

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242750
Thanks, Uwe. I'll be sure to post my auto-scan and adaptation map. I don't have access to a car with LED headlights, so that might be an issue. (I pulled a VIN from the Internet and used partslink24 to compare BCM's.) Maybe there is a kind user out there that would be willing to post their scan and adaptation map?

Regarding wiring, I don't have access to the diagrams. I don't know if you or anyone has any recommendation on how to get them, please.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
PL24 is excellent for PR codes and parts but erWin would be the best bet for wiring diagrams: Official Factory Repair Information

Edit: P.S. I know the NAR A3 has 2 (if not 3) PR codes for the headlights but we don't have Wiki procedure pages for any of them. If you happen to know what's what regarding PR codes for full LED (with the 4 subsystem slaves) versus normal Xenons (with 2 subsystem slaves like a Mk6 + Golf) please post that info here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

sanrivera

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242750
PL24 is excellent for PR codes and parts but erWin would be the best bet for wiring diagrams: Official Factory Repair Information

Edit: P.S. I know the NAR A3 has 2 (if not 3) PR codes for the headlights but we don't have Wiki procedure pages for any of them. If you happen to know what's what regarding PR codes for full LED (with the 4 subsystem slaves) versus normal Xenons (with 2 subsystem slaves like a Mk6 + Golf) please post that info here.
Hi Dana,

Thanks for the tip regarding Erwin.

Again, please forgive my ignorance here. I hope this is what you're looking for.

PR code for full LED headlights: PR-AV2

The following is part number information:

headlight part numbers:
8V0 941 033B (or 8V0 941 773B for older version)
8V0 941 034B (or 8V0 941 774B for older version)

cornering light power module part number:
7PP 941 329M

low/high beam power module part number:
7PP 941 472F (latest version as of 3/15/05 is now 7PP 941 472H)

DRL power module part number:
4G0 907 397Q

BCM is the same for Bi-Xenon and full LED:
5Q0 937 085S (latest version as 5/26/14 is 5Q0 937 085AC)

Sanjeev

sanrivera

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242750
Anyone have access to Erwin that can share wiring diagrams for Xenon and LED headlights, please???

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Anyone have access to Erwin that can share wiring diagrams for Xenon and LED headlights, please???
Uhm.. Please don't engage in "Sharing" of copyrighted documents on this forum, m'okay? :thanks:

-Uwe-

sanrivera

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242750
My apologies. I didn't know that would considered sharing copyrighted information. I guess I should've known that, though.

Reactions: Uwe

riz2603

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=41729
hi could someone please help me with audi a3 8v led tail light wiring. i have normal light plugs on car and i have been given new plugs with led lights so need to rewire pin for pin.. any help much appreciated

mexicogdl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=250121
Hey bud did you ever get this done?