Audi Q5 (80A) Audi Music Interface Carplay Retrofit

Frostbite

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=110939
Hi there guys,

Can anyone assist me with the activation of Apple Carplay?
I have a 2019 Audi Q5 with the MIB2 Navigation Plus with Virtual Cockpit setup, but am missing the Audi Smartphone Interface option with the USB in front of the gear lever with enables Carplay. The only USB I have is the one in the glovebox which reads "charge only".

I have followed some threads on trying to activate Wireless Carplay using VCDS, and through this have managed to get the Audi Smartphone Interface activated in the main menu, but have no way in connecting my phone to the car without the USB port, and the Wireless Carplay isn't working.
So I'm missing a step....

Anyone got this working before or able to assist remotely please?

vastechnics

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=143747
Hello,

the ASI is a FEC code. This is not possible with VCDS. You sometimes also need replace usb module. I can do this but you need the required tools.

Frostbite

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=110939
Hello,

the ASI is a FEC code. This is not possible with VCDS. You sometimes also need replace usb module. I can do this but you need the required tools.
Hi,

Yeah I see this now.. I would need to get the FEC code and activate it. Plus, I would need to install the USB port too it seems.

I was hoping I could just activate it, and then use Carplay via Wifi like some others have done with my same MIB2 setup.

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
If others have succeeded in that, provided they have the same car and youre sure they did not retrofit the USB port, then it could work. However, the FEC code still remains and without it, it will not work. However, you can order carplay activation on most recent VAG cars through the dealer, might be worth checking that first.

vastechnics

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=143747
That's possible but will be very expensive! but that's possible. But you know dealership always but but but

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
Sorry for not being clear; i meant you can order the activation through the dealer for most models. Not the hardware retrofit. Although it could also be that activation is not possible if the car did not come woth the required hardware.