Questions about coding / long coding

Snoopie

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm a starter to coding certain modules (Such as CCM modules for B5+ Passat's, ABS modules) and stuff. I wanted to ask the professionals here - can I code most of the stuff with VCDS, or do I need VCDS Commander as well? What modules can I program with the Commander and what modules can I program with VCDS? What I mean by programming is, for example: My CCM module is bad, so I buy another one (same codes) and want to program it. Do I need to long code or do I need to somehow recode it with VCDS Commander? How do I recode correctly then?

Thank you!

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
VAG Commander isn't a Ross-Tech product...

If you post an English VCDS Auto-Scan people will be able to advise what is possible.

BTW you need to distinguish between coding and programming - they are very different things ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

Snoopie

Reaction score
VAG Commander isn't a Ross-Tech product...

If you post an English VCDS Auto-Scan people will be able to advise what is possible.

BTW you need to distinguish between coding and programming - they are very different things ;)
Maybe this will be easier to explain as an example - if my old Comfort Control Module is damaged because of water and I get a new one, how can I program it so it could work fine, without any errors?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Maybe this will be easier to explain as an example - if my old Comfort Control Module is damaged because of water and I get a new one, how can I program it so it could work fine, without any errors?
Depends on the car and the model year - older ones have short coding plus some adaptation channels, newer ones have long coding plus more adaptation channels, and the very newest ones may have no coding and lots of adaptation channlels.

There really is no generic answer that fits all modules, all cars, all model years - VAG change their firmware so much.

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
Hi, if you post a auto-scan, members will know what what vehicle you are referring to and can then answer your question(s).

Back