Service light reset Oil Quality

AndyG85

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
hv21b04-0000b9-fb9931-e070d5-wkhahh-594b
Hi folks

I’ve recently purchased a Hex V2 from your uk supplier Gendan. I have reset the service indicator using latest VCDS however the service light on the car is still on. I suspect it is associated with the oil quality value reading “poor oil quality” post reset. I changed the oil only 2 months ago so I doubt very much the oil quality is poor. I can see that I can perform an adaption on the sensor but am just wanting to see if anyone else has had this fault. The vehicle is a 2011 Audi A8 3.0tdi.

Many Thanks
Andy

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
Are you referring to the SRI reset ? If so, be sure the key is ON, engine off. Follow the prompts. Be sure to select your model or country from the pull down menu.

Another "project" for you is to post a unedited Autoscan as you will need it posted for other concerns that come up in the future!

Last edited:

AndyG85

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
hv21b04-0000b9-fb9931-e070d5-wkhahh-594b
Are you referring to the SRI reset ? If so, be sure the key is ON, engine off. Follow the prompts. Be sure to select your model or country from the pull down menu.

Another "project" for you is to post a unedited Autoscan as you will need it posted for other concerns that come up in the

Thanks for the response. Yes it was reset by SRI with ignition on engine off. I selected the correct option for the car from the drop down menu. Watched the video before hand. I’m convinced it is to do with the “oil quality poor” in advanced measure value block. All the other readings were result however this value wasn’t.

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
OK, in that case you are going to need to post that Autoscan if you would like to take advantage of the established members .... in the know! Cheers! Stefan
I wasn't even aware that that system could analyze "oil quality" !!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I suspect it is associated with the oil quality value reading “poor oil quality” post reset.
No, that's just an indication that the vehicle is is using fixed rather than flexible service intervals.

Far more likely is that one of the "inspections" is due, either the time-based one, or the mileage based one.

Please do this:
[SRI Reset]
- Wait for VCDS to read the SRI-related channels
[Add to logfile]

Then post the resulting log data here.

-Uwe-