04L906016BD - "no coding information available for this ECU"

owdi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=147985
Hi all, I attempted to change the coding on an ECU (04L906016BD) at the weekend and was met with the pop up message:

"Sorry, no coding information is available for this ECU. If you would like to help, please send us an Auto-Scan file and Controller Channel Map."

The "current coding" and "new coding" window are displayed as normal under "Recode Module" (but with Long Coding Helper greyed out), so my question is, with long coding not available is it safe to amend the long coding config value manually and apply it? I've got access to another very similar ECU from the same vehicle type but two years newer (VCDS can display long coding on this newer ECU successfully) and the coding string is identical to the slightly older ECU I am trying to code. With it being idenitcal I can enter long coding on the newer ECU and see which options to check and observe the coding byte value changes to use on the older ECU.

I sent an email to support@ross-tech yesterday but I guess they have a queue to work through, so thought I'd post here to gauge opinion.

So in summary, I believe I have the correct coding value that I need to apply, just with long coding not available is it safe to apply the new value manually by just editing the long value and pressing "Do It" ?

**Edit, I may have posted this in the wrong group as this issue was run into using a HEX-V2 interface running 21.3.0 software**

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What exactly are you trying to accomplish by changing the coding in this ECU?

What kind of car is this? So we have an Auto-Scan from it here somewhere?

-Uwe-

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
This is a CCS retrofit and I'm looking into the Support email and scan now.

owdi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=147985
As mentioned earlier, I determined the long coding by looking at a 2017 ECU that VCDS could open the Long Coding helper for, changing options on it then checking the values afterwards. Dana has also confirmed the coding for it, so I'm going to try applying it when I can access the vehicle again. The query wasn't really to detemine the coding value, but was to determine if I should manually change it without using the Long Coding helper, but I need to go ahead and try it. Many thanks.

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Usually cruise control is byte 5 bit 5 in pq25/35 ECUs. Perhaps something you could verify with other scans