VCDS Enthusiast System VCHV2_3 resp. VCHV2_Ent ?

Vidoubleview

Reaction score
Hello,

seems like the code changed within a couple of days....from Item Code VCHV2_3 to VCHV2_Ent...anyway.....

I sent already 2 mails with questions to support but so far didn`t get an answer. Therefore I am here hopefully for better support :-).

I have a passat 3bg, build sept. 2002, model 2003 with immobilizer III.

VCHV2_3 resp. VCHV2_Ent has no limits if I would register with my VIN-no., is that correct?

And if it has no limits it is possible to teach keys with new transponder, is that correct as well?

Changing ECU or instrument cluster should be also possible with old and new login, correct?

I`ve read about this 7 digit SKC code. Called 3 VW companies but these codes are not available anymore as they said. Would mean without SKC code and only by 4 resp. 5 digit Login code it is possible to change ECU and instrument cluster ?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I sent already 2 mails with questions to support but so far didn`t get an answer.
There are no mails from the address you used to join this forum in our Support inbox. Did you use a different e-mail address?

Please note that the owner of the business does not require his employees, who answer most of the support e-mails, to work on weekends or holidays.

vchv2_ent is not a product, it is a category that contains two products, the VCHV2_3 with a 3-VIN license and the VCHV2_10 with a 10-VIN license. For details regarding VIN-limited licensing, see here.

VIN limits do not affect the ability to match a transponder to an immobilizer. If it's possible with VCDS, then even a 3-VIN system can do it, provide the car's VIN is registered and charged against the license. Can VCDS do it on a 3B Passat with Immo-3? Yes, but only if you have the security code ("PIN") for the car (VCDS won't get that for you) and if the transponder is "new" (un-locked, has never been matched to a different car).

Changing ECU or instrument cluster should be also possible with old and new login, correct?
In principle, yes, but they must be changed one at a time. If two of the three components (Key, ECU, and Immo/Cluster) are matched, then if you have the PIN codes for this car and for the donor parts, it should be doable.

7-digit SKC codes are a deprecated thing of the past. VCDS still supports them because some people got them when they were obtainable from the dealer.

Without the correct PIN codes, you cannot do any immobilizer-related things.

-Uwe-

Vidoubleview

Reaction score
Yes, I use another email. I didn`t expect that someone is working at weekend or holiday ;-). That wasn `t the case.
vchv2_ent is not a product,...o.k., understood.

VIN limits do not affect the ability to match a transponder to an immobilizer. If it's possible with VCDS, then even a 3-VIN system can do it, provide the car's VIN is registered and charged against the license.
O.K., should work and transponder needs to be new of course due to only 1 time writing. But SKC code VW does not give anymore teaching a key is not possible with VCDS as I understand.

.......then if you have the PIN codes for this car and for the donor parts, it should be doable.
So, as I understand the 4 digit(incl. zero 5 digit) Pin codes from old and new instrument cluster resp. old and new ECU have to be present, otherwise no change is possible. And as I understand as well SKC is NOT necessary, correct? But then it must be doable to change instead of "...it should be doable", correct and SKC is not mandatory, right?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So, as I understand the 4 digit(incl. zero 5 digit) Pin codes from old and new instrument cluster resp. old and new ECU have to be present, otherwise no change is possible. And as I understand as well SKC is NOT necessary, correct? But then it must be doable to change instead of "...it should be doable", correct and SKC is not mandatory, right?
Yes, the 7-digit SKC is just a date and dealer-specific obfuscation of the fixed 4-digit PIN.

-Uwe-