ODIS Incorrectly Labels Part Stolen

hro0250

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=409496
Hello, I have had issues after replacing my (2020 A3) analog gauges with the virtual cockpit. So after attempting to place the cars OEM original analog cluster back in, ODIS labeled it as stolen and locked it out. I can with 100% certainty verify this is the original cluster from my car, and is not stolen. Is there a way to remove this block ODIS has placed so I can retrieve the cars factory spec data from the cluster? Or another way to access the original build data to reprogram my VC?
Any and all advice is good advice. My tech and I are dumbfounded.
Thank you,

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Why not contact VW? It's their tool that's acting up.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
It is not marked stolen. Audi introduced a new security measure beginning of march which requires you to write and request an approval from Audi to be able to adapt the cluster to another car than where it's from originally. At the moment this approval request process is only for the parts that need IMMO adaptation.

Another thing what I've heard the whole corporation has started to do is that they've started to blacklist also parts from a cars that have been written off by insurance companies.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
It is not marked stolen. Audi introduced a new security measure beginning of march which requires you to write and request an approval from Audi to be able to adapt the cluster to another car than where it's from originally. At the moment this approval request process is only for the parts that need IMMO adaptation.

Another thing what I've heard the whole corporation has started to do is that they've started to blacklist also parts from a cars that have been written off by insurance companies.
It's not ALL immobiliser parts, at least by their TPI. It's MQB clusters A3,TT,Q2 and Q3. And BCM2 modules since 2008 A4.
But they also state that *This list may be extended to include other control units at any time*

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
....and what we can do for you ? all is check online - if they said is block = is block , no other way , no other tool

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
I can second that, they are blacklisting all modules. It happened to me with a bcm and ACC I purchased for a retrofit. I complained to VW UK and forwarded them a copy of my VAT receipt from the breakers. At first they denied any knowledge then after some hefty email exchanges, invited me to attend a VW garage who adapted them for me free of charge.

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
they've started to blacklist also parts from a cars that have been written off by insurance companies.
How the heck can that be legal? If salvage yards ("breakers") in Europe don't have a trade association, they should form one and hire some lawyers!

-Uwe-

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
How it transpired was they told me to return the parts to the seller. The seller wanted to charge me 20% restocking fee as they removed the parts from a working car. I was stuck between a rock and a hardplace so I sourced pictures of the scrapped car which turned out in the UK to be a Category B - sold as breaking only.
I then challenged VW that the UK government’s laws permitted sale of these parts legally as a breaking vehicle and they had no right to blacklist the modules, even if the car was reported stolen. I stated that the VIN database did not permit them to indiscriminately block VINs from legitimately sourced parts in line with environmental regulations on reusing parts and that their actions amounted to anti-competitive, unlawful intervention.
As I wrote earlier it ended with then inviting me to a local dealership and adapting the parts to a car for free. They never admitting black listing the modules but claimed it may be a computer error.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
How the heck can that be legal? If salvage yards ("breakers") in Europe don't have a trade association, they should form one and hire some lawyers!

-Uwe-

Beats me. And not just the legality part but exactly what myonus wrote above that 1. this will make a big impact on some peoples living as salvage yards live by this business, 2. Recycling and environment should be number one for big corporations like VAG and what they do, exactly the opposite. They make people buy new parts by blacklisting the used ones. Shame on them.

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
Beats me. And not just the legality part but exactly what myonus wrote above that 1. this will make a big impact on some peoples living as salvage yards live by this business, 2. Recycling and environment should be number one for big corporations like VAG and what they do, exactly the opposite. They make people buy new parts by blacklisting the used ones. Shame on them.
You’ve hit the nail on the head. The plan is to choke out the second hand market and force people to buy from dealers. I don’t think they’ve learnt their lesson from the dieselgate scandal.