B7 Passat Alltrack V6 - Can Bus Defective-Long Coding

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Used CCM needs immobiliser transfer. I think @kamold can help You out.

ak77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=232348
The car was at the dealer last week . ODIS comes up with same scan error and they recommend replacing convenience comfort module , or convenience access start control module.
Being Covid and supply chains affected , no new parts for some time.
So I have to get one of eBay but would like to know if existing one can be flashed.

With all their handy work they say $1500. M as

ak77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=232348
What do you mean imobiliser transfer?
I do have my fans now running constant? Not sure if so should drive the car? havc control module inactive

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
To me, it doesn't seem the CCM will need immediate replacement if central locking works and you're able to start the engine fine.

CCM and many other modules are complaining about the absence of the Climatronic panel. Have you tried verifying that the Climatronic panel's fuse isn't blown or some other simple electrical fault hasn't occurred? Its unlikely anything on the Comfort CAN is the culprit as the CCM, door modules and hatch motors are talking good.

Reactions: Uwe

ak77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=232348
I thought the same but VW dealer said first thing to replace convenience unit. I did check all fuses and all good there.

interesting thing is everything worked fine till I connected the new camera module . Car behaves the same after I disconnect. Not sure what would happen if I disconnect the actual ECU ?

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
If you're in Sydney or nearby happy to have a look at it. Gateways very very rarely fail.
I have a spare CCM can test it after transferring immo data from your original.

ak77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=232348
If you're in Sydney or nearby happy to have a look at it. Gateways very very rarely fail.
I have a spare CCM can test it after transferring immo data from your original.
Thanks mate, I'm in WA on other side. Appreciate the thought.
VW dealers seem to think is CCM. Do you have the same model CCM?>number coz they would have to be compatible.

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
Checked your autoscan you have KESSY...mine is non-KESSY
So you need any 3AA Kessy CCM with the correct frequency radio (so anything from Eu or Aus.)
You can get one cheap enough online then you'll need to transfer your immo data over. For that you'll just need to read the eeprom out and use a free tool to copy the immo data from one to the other. If you can't find someone locally who can do that you could send your original and a replacement to me I can do it and send it back. But you'll be unable to use the car in the interim...

Last edited:

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
Have you checked fuse SC15 since you replaced the faulty RVC module?
RVC, TPMS and climatronics all pull power from SC15

ak77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=232348
Have you checked fuse SC15 since you replaced the faulty RVC module?
RVC, TPMS and climatronics all pull power from SC15
Yes, that is the first thing I looked at. All fuses checked.

ak77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=232348
Checked your autoscan you have KESSY...mine is non-KESSY
So you need any 3AA Kessy CCM with the correct frequency radio (so anything from Eu or Aus.)
You can get one cheap enough online then you'll need to transfer your immo data over. For that you'll just need to read the eeprom out and use a free tool to copy the immo data from one to the other. If you can't find someone locally who can do that you could send your original and a replacement to me I can do it and send it back. But you'll be unable to use the car in the interim...

Honestly, I have never that this complex work but I'm willing to learn.
I have sourced the online part, just waiting for delivery. I will PM if you don't mind.

Cheers

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
Yes, that is the first thing I looked at. All fuses checked.
Did you check the fuse with a multimeter (not visual inspection) recently? The current faults all point to that circuit...

ak77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=232348
Did you check the fuse with a multimeter (not visual inspection) recently? The current faults all point to that circuit...
Checked with a tester tool and power on.

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Looking at the wiring diagram, SC15 is also shared with the RLS and engine start button control unit. Since the RLS is present and the car presumably starts via the center console button, then fuse SC15 can be ruled as OK.

Don't remember if I've asked but is there actual +12v present behind the climate panel? There's a thicker red/black wire next to an equally thick brown wire. Also if there is continuity between the brown lead and a bare metal chassis part in the car?

ak77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=232348
Looking at the wiring diagram, SC15 is also shared with the RLS and engine start button control unit. Since the RLS is present and the car presumably starts via the center console button, then fuse SC15 can be ruled as OK.

Don't remember if I've asked but is there actual +12v present behind the climate panel? There's a thicker red/black wire next to an equally thick brown wire. Also if there is continuity between the brown lead and a bare metal chassis part in the car?
That's what I thought as the Start Button works just fine. I have worked out that shorted ground somehow cuts power from module to module as it jumps up the chain to protect the next component. There is 12V in the system and after I get home today will disconnect power altogether and unplug CCM and discharge.

Back