96 B4 passat door locks

k9mattk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=37734
Hello all,

I have a 96 passat that likes to slowly unlock the doors while the car is running. i.e after I lock all the doors from the drivers door(inside) after about 20 seconds they unlock. It locks fine and stays locked with the key from outside. If anyone has had a similar experience your thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

- The central locking system used in this vehicle has a what is called a Bi-pressure pump(V69). It produces both pressure or vacuum.

- There are actuators for the doors, fuel door and trunk lid.

- If there is a system leak or the pump is weak, you could be experiencing this delay.

- It is also possible the drivers/passenger door switch(s) (F59/F114) is/are faulty and are sending an open signal to the Bi-pressure pump(V69) and the V69 will think it has been commanded to open the doors.

The Bi-pressure pump is located in a Styrofoam protective box, in the left rear of the trunk, behind the trim. Be sure it is not wet or has any corrosion on the connector.

- I found a forum post that shows the pump and the corrosion that may occur.
You can google this part number [1H0962257J] (please check with your local parts department before ordering, this part number may not be correct, for illustration purposes only)

http://www.golf3.de/elektronik/97515-zv-pumpe-oxidation.html

Hope this helps,

drpeter

Reactions: Uwe

k9mattk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=37734
Thanks much drpeter. Will check out the pump.