VCDS -- An Amazing Investment!

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Damn.

Ross-Tech: Stores of Value and Hedges against Inflation, also Diagnostic Software for VW-Audi Group Cars

I'm sitting here, in my office, looking at my plastic bin full of Ross-Tech devices, and thinking I should add a supplemental declaration to my homeowner's policy.

kevinm

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=90940
A for sale section would be very useful on here, even if it was just links to ebay.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@Uwe: Why are you surprised? Given the product quality and the company value-set that the shareholder has instilled into Ross-Tech (from the beginning, I suspect), a lesser result would be unthinkable !!!

A well deserved (and entirely expected) accolade -IMO!!

Don

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
@Uwe: Why are you surprised?

With all due respect to the opinions shared and highly appreciated, if any have learned anything about Uwe's values, he is a very humble man. He has never seen why people value his work ethic and his product performance as being special. I have been told, over and over, while at trade shows and other events, that professionals would be willing to pay 3 or 4x for Ross-Tech's products - that there are few, if any, that match the value they find in their purchases of VAG-COM/VCDS. Some have even told that Ross-Tech changed their business, making them a success as a result of having this tool. (Color me skeptical on that statement - but have heard it more than a few times)

Uwe has always kept Ross-Tech focused on our beginnings - the enthusiast - the person with whom Uwe identifies. The enthusiast customers is where we put our effort and the reason we are always working to have coverage for the current model year. Eric and the software team are always busting their butts to have the latest coverage even when we do not have a car on which to try things. Professionals benefit from all the work our enthusiast friends and customers help us do. Professionals do not have time for exploring and learning. They have to get a car back to the customer. They are using the tool to earn their living. The enthusiast is using the tool to explore and learn what they can do to make the car perform better or to be special.

We could charge more. We could make more. That is not what the founder of this business is about. He is about helping a community that he cares about passionately. Along the way, he wants to have enough income to keep going and to reward those who have imbibed in his "Kool-aid". He rewards his staff beyond any of our expectations.

I'll get my tail in ringer for writing this post. That's ok.. ain't got many more years to get in trouble with the boss! I'm not suppose to mention Uwe's humble attitudes. @Don, he is surprised that people value what he has created and instilled from day one. When I joined the company 17 years ago, one of the first things he said is, "you got to get rid of that Chrysler you are driving and you need to be driving a VAG car." Passion. Mantra. He is at the computer at 9am and he works 7 days a week up to about midnight.

It has been an amazing ride and I hope our team will never lose sight of Uwe's mantra. The value we bring is not the low priced product with no update fees but rather it is the way we support our users. Uwe's support brought people to this community who value what he created. His first hire was a support person, Andy, to help man the phones and write emails. That support brought others to Ross-Tech who give of their own personal time to help as Uwe helped... people like @Don, @PetrolDave, @gawied, @JSWTDI09, @Jack@European_Parts, @Boki Air, @Jason and on and on and on... so many I cannot recall them all.... just a few examples (and don't get mad that this old fart can't remember all who support for the cast probably numbers more than a hundred!).

Most of our distrib network came to us because they learned something special was going on with this Ross-Tech company. In my 17 years, I have never worked to find distributors. They found us. They too are amazing. We do not accept just anyone to distribute our product. We look for those who will drink the "Kool-aid" with us.

Lets not forget that Uwe does not do any of this alone. He has built a team of passionate, dedicated, capable people to support this business, it's community of users and friends, it's mantra, and it's products. It is a high privilege to be present with and part of such a team. They are family. They are special.

Thanks Uwe and thank you to this community for all you do to help those who love their VAG cars.

(Our #1 supporter ought to be VAG themselves. Without this VCDS/VAG-COM product, would they be as popular as they are? I think not.)

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
"Come to the Pavilion people, there isn't much time!" ;)

I drank so much of the Kool-Aid at VAG, I now have an adult pallet in the RT bar & to let my adolescent side out........ :rolleyes:

BFu.gif

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
I didn't get a look at the final ticket count, but let's just say Ross-Tech's donated 10-VIN HEX-V2 raised >>> its retail value in a raffle last weekend at WITW.

Tanner Foust approves!

uQDYyFd.jpg

Last edited: