2019 e-Golf: can VCDS HEX-V2 code/pair the seat belt pretensioners to the module?

goodjo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433228
Hi there

Newbie to the forum here.

I am in the process of rebuilding a salvaged title 2019 e-Golf. I bought an airbag set and seat belts from a reputable supplier. They reset my module also, as they told me this was easier than buying a new one that would need VIN coding etc.

The airbags are all good, no codes, but the seat belts are throwing a code (on my Autel) to say that they need to be 'paired' to the module.

Does anyone know if the HEX-V2 is able to accomplish this on 2019 model? Want to know before I buy one.

Thank you in advance
John

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi John,

Our official policy is that we cannot directly assist when installing used Airbag components for liability reasons ... however on a personal note I would not want a reset Airbag controller installed in a vehicle of mine. I'd prefer no airbag controller at all with warnings proudly displayed on the dash.

In the event that the Airbag module was replaced with new, ordered by VIN directly from an authorized VW parts reseller, I can confirm you would have Component Protection issues resulting in a trip to the dealer. VCDS would not be helpful in that regard.

This e-Golf should use a variant of AirbagVW20 with a controller that looks a lot like the one in my 2017 Golf:

Providing the control module(s) and tensioners/airbags are to factory design VCDS can perform the following diagnostic operations in that system:

If DTCs such as B1305 - Right front seat belt tensioner control module: Not configured or B1304 - Left front seat belt tensioner control module: Not configured are the only ones stored and the belts are correct for your vehicle VCDS should be able to complete the steps you require.

goodjo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433228
Hi Eric

Thanks for the mail. All understood.

Yes, only codes are B13055 and B13045, not configured...

I will buy the HEX-V2 and give it a go!

Will report back.

Best
John

goodjo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433228
Job done! Was a bit of a fiddle, as it did not seem to work as per the steps supplied elsewhere in the forum, but managed to get there.