Advanced ID - Modules

morris39

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=395084
I plan to record/save this information for my MY15 MQB car, mainly for the Drivetrain and Chassis modules. Is this information potentially useful to others i.e. should I post it and if so on which forum? All components are OE and no DTCs are indicated.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
As a general rule, there's nothing in Advanced ID that can be changed, that doesn't also show up in an Auto-Scan, so it's not something people generally post, but there's certainly no harm in doing so either.

-Uwe-

morris39

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=395084
As a general rule, there's nothing in Advanced ID that can be changed, that doesn't also show up in an Auto-Scan, so it's not something people generally post, but there's certainly no harm in doing so either.

-Uwe-
Thanks Uwe. I see what you mean e.g. for Module 01 the only additional data to Auto-Scan is flash status and chassis no.
An unrelated question. If I were to move existing individual files e.g Channel Maps into a dedicated sub folder say VCDS\Logs\Channel Maps\ and then mapped a module would new file be saved in the new subfolder?

morris39

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=395084
Thanks Uwe. I see what you mean e.g. for Module 01 the only additional data to Auto-Scan is flash status and chassis no.
An unrelated question. If I were to move existing individual files e.g Channel Maps into a dedicated sub folder say VCDS\Logs\Channel Maps\ and then mapped a module would new file be saved in the new subfolder?
Silly question, don't bother answering. Senior moment.